TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rainy.Eyes Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cristian Mercado

February 27th 2013, 04:41 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well i know this is weird , but well i have had this problem since i was 10 .....
I feel really guilty and uncomfortable about it... but i dont think it must be that much of a harmfull thing .....

When im depressed and at the same time streesed and worried about myself , i tend to self harm ... and well It makes me feel much better when i drink my own blood....
well i feel really ashamed and felt uncomfotable to even say it through teenhelp, but i think saying maybe i could get some help... i dont want to tell it to my psychologyst... i feel really ahamed of it...
well i dont know what to do.. but other than the self harm part i dont think it may be that harmfull...

And please no one freak out...

i know im weird but i havent been able to stop.....I think its addictive

i wonder if i have a eating disorder?

Last edited by Coffee.; February 28th 2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Merged posts. :]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: blood..... - March 3rd 2013, 05:42 AM

Hey Cristian Mercado,

I'm not completely sure it's an eating disorder, but rather more part of your self-harm. However, I'm not going to move your thread because I feel like it could be an eating disorder, and the advice should be the same either way.

Are you currently talking to your therapist about your self harm? I think this is a very important thing to let them know. I know that you feel ashamed, but at the same time, you're not going to fully heal and be able to get through this addiction/habit without properly talking to your therapist about all the factors influencing your self-harm, and if drinking your blood is part of your ritual, then it is important that you talk to your therapist about it.

Good luck!
Traci

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tro

Re: blood..... - March 3rd 2013, 09:44 AM

Hi,

I agree with Traci. You should definitely talk to your therapist about the SH and the blood drinking. While you might not see it as that harmful, it wouldn't be something you feel ashamed of talking about if you actually believed it wasn't such a bad behavior in the first place.

You mentioned not knowing if you had an eating disorder; I think it'd be a good idea to bring that up as well when you see your therapist, but other than talking about it you could run a quick self-assessment too. How do you feel when you eat or after you eat? It's normal to feel guilty sometimes after eating a particularly calorie-dense meal, but if you always feel guilty or otherwise unhappy whenever you're dealing with the topic of eating, it could be a sign. If you notice that you constantly forgo meals or find yourself eating rarely because of negative feelings about weight/appearance, that could also be a sign. You could ask yourself what made you believe that you have an eating disorder, and try to see whether or not the reasons you come up with are behaviors or thoughts you have that are unhealthy or self-deprecating.

Overall, make sure you bring up any thoughts you have on both the SH and the possibility that you may be dealing with an eating disorder with your therapist.
  Send a message via AIM to Tro Send a message via Skype™ to Tro 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rainy.Eyes Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cristian Mercado

Re: blood..... - March 4th 2013, 11:26 AM

well my theraphist knows about my self harm , but she doesnt know it reaches that extent , but i feel to ashamed to tell her what im doing....

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: blood..... - March 4th 2013, 04:39 PM

Hey there, while drinking your own blood may not be PHYSICALLY harmful, the fact that self harm is associated with the drinking blood means that it isn't necessarily healthy for you mentally. In order to heal from one, you have to let go of the other- and vice versa. You mentioned feeling ashamed to tell your therapist, but I really think you need to consider it. You can't fully heal if secrets are kept. You have to be able to move forward, and seeing as you've been doing this for years, it's something you're going to have to work hard at to curb. Perhaps you could write it out on paper and hand it to her that way? It always helped me when there was something I really needed to say, but couldn't verbalize it. And I think once you let her know, you're going to feel as though a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread