TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sayitaintso Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help Cant Eat - March 1st 2013, 01:15 AM

For about almost a week i haven't been able to eat anything sometimes even the smell of food makes me sick. i try to eat but when i eat something food make my stomach hurt very bad and it starts to feel like i have to vomit. Can anybody help me im afraid of whats going on.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Millarw12 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Help Cant Eat - March 1st 2013, 05:23 AM

You need to kick start your metabolism again! Start by having a flavoursome drink, then try just snack on someone thing super healthy like blue berries or something like that. Your body might have tricked itself into getting the energy it needs from breaking down your muscles instead of telling you that you're hungry. Your heart is one pretty imports t muscle that you DO NOT want to be broken down.

"Do not regret anything. Every choice, fuck up, spoken word, experience and emotion has brought you to this very moment. It has shaped exactly who you are. Do not regret who you are. You are unique. No one in the world is like you. In this sense, we are alone. Yet for this very reason, we all have one thing in common. Don't waste who you are, be everything you can be. You can achieve your dreams, you just have to genuinely try."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
frison1313 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Help Cant Eat - March 1st 2013, 08:13 AM

hey i'm sorry for you !!
i think you should start drinking before to eat something and then, eat something easy to digest like fruits or vegetable or even baby food.
if this last, you should seek for a doctor
i hope you get better
xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Help Cant Eat - March 1st 2013, 03:09 PM

If it's a more physical reaction than a mental one, maybe you need to see a doctor. Loss of appetite is common with a lot of illnesses, but usually this passes pretty quick. You could try some easy to stomach food, like bananas, bread, rice, pasta....any type of fruit and plain food is usually best for me, but everyone has their own cures for nausea. Cold drinks tend to help me, too.

Take as long as you need.

Closed Thread