TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Unhappy Recovery - March 30th 2013, 02:17 AM

I've come to the conclusion that I have to recover. I'm destroying my hands and my throat by purging so much. I just need to know how to take steps to cope with the terror of keeping my calories.

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1011915 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PrimadonnaQueen Offline
left this site.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Recovery - March 30th 2013, 02:20 AM

Thats very brave of you to make this decision by yourself,
best of luck with your recovery

.....“You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.”.....

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Recovery - March 30th 2013, 12:58 PM

Hey Katie,

First of all, I want to say from the bottom of my heart how proud I am of you. This decision is a bloody difficult one if I'm honest, which I always am rightly or wrongly It's gonna be really hard, and you need to realise that and not be scared of it, just be prepared. Don't belittle your feelings, and you're gonna need to really take care of yourself and almost treat yourself like a child that needs constant care for a while. The hard stuff won't last forever. Once the recovery process is over, you'll never need to worry about calories or purging again.

Right. First thing I'm going to talk about are positive moods. I'm guessing you were in one when you posted this? Well, what I suggest you do is make the most of positive moods, because in my case they came and went randomly. Make positive changes that will have an effect when the mood passes, like throwing away scales, deleting and blocking calorie counters, writing positive affirmations and telling someone. These actions force you to continue making positive changes even when your ED tries to change that and make you struggle again. They're changes that will help in the long run.

Okay. Second, I'm gonna throw some links at you, ready? CATCH! This is my most favorite blog ever and has saved me so many times. But be careful of numbers. Clickkkkk, lalala, coping strategies, and just click me. Whenever you need distracted, use those or find your own websites. You could make a list of things to do if you like and refer back to it.

I'm gonna recommend you tell someone, although I realise that's probably not what you want to hear. See, when you feel down again, it helps massively to have someone there to comfort you and keep you on track. It stops you relapsing at the first hint of trouble, really. Unless you have the persistance and motivation of a durex bunny (oh my god did I really just write that? I MEANT DURACELL) it's gonna be hard to stay focused. You haven't done anything wrong, remember. This is an illness. If you broke your leg, would you be insistent on recovering alone?

Lastly. I think you're awesome for doing this. I truly, truly do. And I want you to know I'm always here if you want to chat or have any questions, okay?

You can do this. Kick ass.

Laura

Take as long as you need.

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: K.D.

Re: Recovery - April 1st 2013, 07:25 PM

I am really sorry your going through this, but you have to relieze it's for your health. It's really great that you are taking the initiative and doing whats best for you. I'm going through a really tough with the same thing but I have my mom. It might be helpful to find a friend, parent, teacher or someone to help you. Stay strong!

Closed Thread