TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Arrow Hey guys..I need some help.. - April 12th 2013, 03:17 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey you guys.

I know I haven't been on much in quite a while but I always know I can turn to you guys for anything. It's nice knowing TH is always there.

Anyways. So, as most of those who know me, know I'm in recovery from bulimia. I don't even know if that's the right way to describe it anymore but anyways..

So my friend, let's call her R, has recently (today) let slip that she's been purging. She KNOWS that I've been dealing with this, along with self harm, depression, etc. She KNOWS how hard it's been in the past for me. She also self harms, has depression, is suicidal, was molested at a young age, etc.

Usually I'm pretty good with helping people, whether in real life or online, mostly because I understand..but this..I just..don't know what to do. It triggered me really badly and it makes me upset. I mean obviously I'm not gonna be all peaches & cream about this..but anyways..

I guess I just need to know what to do.
Therapy is pretty much a non-option. Her mom is a real bitch, and so she was in therapy for a few sessions but her mom said they couldn't "afford" it & therefore has not been in 3 months. I said "afford" because her mom buys certain things and whatnot that says otherwise.

I don't know what to do. I don't know how to help. I can't cope.

I hate saying this, but I need some support, some help, anything.
For her.

Thank you,
paula.

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Just call me MB

Re: Hey guys..I need some help.. - April 13th 2013, 11:49 PM

Hi Paula,

I understand that this can be very difficult and triggering for you. It's a tough situation. You just need to be as supportive for her as possible. Maybe let your school counselor know that you are concerned about her. That was she can have somebody to talk to without having to worry about the money.

You should sit down and have a serious conversation with her about this. Tell her about your experiences, explain to her how you've been getting through it, and let her know how you feel. Make sure she's aware that you are there to support her.

Send me a PM or VM if you need to talk.

-MB

"One person can make a difference and everyone should try."
Live Help Operator since June 1st, 2013

Closed Thread