TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Kayla

I wanna be pretty - April 26th 2013, 03:44 PM

All of my friends are skinner than me that always get told there pretty or hot and than there's me. I hate my body I have stretch marks all around my stomach I just feel fat and ugly. Iv tried to throw up before but I ended up talking my self out of it and other times ill just stop eating for the day but I'm hypoglycemic so I get really shaken and dizzy and then I have to eat so my parents don't find out I was not eating I don't know what to do I just want to be a pretty like my friends and not feel so worthless and disgusted by myself I'm to the point where me self esteem has been so low I started to cut myself need advice on how to deal with this. I don't want to starve myself or throw up but it seems like the only way at times

sometimes you gotta fall before you fly.
I believe that we all fall down sometimes

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: I wanna be pretty - April 26th 2013, 04:49 PM

Hey Kayla,

Sweetheart, the thing about beauty is that it's all relative. There is no one definition of beauty. What's beautiful to someone may not be to someone else. Not to mention the type of people who fall for the whole "thin is beautiful" are probably not the kind of people who are gonna stick around when times get rough, who's gonna love you for you, and who's gonna care deeply about you. People who base judgments on looks are very shallow.

Your weight isn't something you should try to control, your body has a set point and everyone is different. What's healthy to one person may be underweight for another, etc etc. Anyway, real self worth doesn't come with losing weight; it comes with finding a purpose in life, accepting yourself for who you are and not comparing yourself to others. You're your own person. Some people have brown hair; some have blonde. Our attitude towards weight should be the same.

You are pretty darling. Don't ever doubt that, I promise you it's true. Keep your head up. <3

Take as long as you need.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
zTaylaHz Offline
You're Beautiful, Children (:
Average Joe

Name: Taylor

Re: I wanna be pretty - April 26th 2013, 11:00 PM

Everyone is beautiful. I may personally think one guy is attractive, but another girl will think he is the most attractive person in the world.

As for weight: weight depends. I know so many tall skinny girls that weigh in "heavy" but it's just their bones and muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat.

If you aren't happy with how your body works, change what you can and love the rest (:
Now what I mean by that is *IF* (I'm not saying you are) you are fat/overweight/obese/whatever, you can exercise. Yeah it sucks, but that's a healthy way to lose fat and tone your muscles (:

You Are Loved

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Re: I wanna be pretty - April 27th 2013, 12:31 AM

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is that "prettiness" is 70% confidence.

A few days ago I was feeling really good about my self because something happened and I was walking through the halls like I owned the place
I had intent in my step and I had my signiture cockshire smile going and I looked everyone I passed in the eye.

In those 10 minutes when I was switching classes 4 girls who I haven't talked to in months said hello to me in a very......fun way.

My suggestion is that you learn to love the inside part of you and then change your appearence so that it reflects who you are on the inside.
Soon everyone will love you the way you love yourself and you'll become the standard of pretty.

I know a ton of people who I guess objectivly their ugly but the way they act like it's nothing makes everyone else feel like it's nothing and are extreamly popular.

In short
Love inside
change outside to look like inside
show off yourself

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fenzy Offline
Only dogs should fear pounds.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassie

Re: I wanna be pretty - April 27th 2013, 10:03 AM

Wanna know what my mom taped over my mirror?

"Beauty is not in the physical appearance, but in the attitude"

Only you have the power to say,
"This is not how my story will end"

Closed Thread