TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
VioletRavenwood Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Villi Twilli
Gender: reincarnated buterfly winged unicorn that breaths fire when squeezed

is this ok :? - May 16th 2013, 12:07 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ok so i have been "restricting" my intake i only eat about EDITEDcalories a day but i not hungry and even if i am i dont eat. i dont like the feeling of food in my stomach and like today i ate a breakfast sandwitch and a chocolate milk and i feel like im dieing. im not under weight i actualy over weight is it bad to skip meals like evry meal?

Last edited by SparklingWine; May 16th 2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Calorie figures are against our CoC

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: is this ok :? - May 16th 2013, 09:49 PM

It's not the healthiest thing to be doing, no. Not having a balanced diet can be very trying on your body. As someone who is absolutely without a doubt on the overweight side I can understand how hard to is to look in a mirror and not like what your seeing, I know how hard that is and how you just want to do anything to make it change. It is even harder if you have an eating disorder, I'm not sure if you do or not, but clearly you have begun to recognize that your eating habits are not necessarily the healthiest or you wouldn't need to be asking.
There are ways to go about it that will be better for you. Like you can try having 3 smaller meals in a day and a snack if you get hungry, somedays I just think I'm not very hungry so I'll just have a smoothie for lunch. If you load up on things like smoothies (like just a lot of almond milk and fruit, kale, spinach, coconut milk etc, the June version of cosmo had 2 that I absolutely loved) this is actually a really healthy option, like a smoothie and a fried egg is a really good breakfast and wouldn't be as likely to leave you feeling heavy and horrible as chocolate milk and a breakfast sandwich. Of course, eating amazingly healthy foods and always being perfect isn't realistic, I don't know about you but personally I can get really busy at times and sometimes I legitimately don't have time to make something that's super healthy, but I find it helps me if I keep food I can grab easy that's healthy. Focusing on healthy foods is so helpful for me because then I don't deal with the guilt or those gross heavy feelings.
You honestly don't need to restrict your diet to so few calories to lose weight, there is no way your body can get the nutrients you need to function at your best on that much food and even if you want to lose weight it's important to eat enough. I promise its possible and there are a lot of foods that you can try that will be very healthy, that won't leave you feeling heavy, and will make sure you get the nutrients you need. Exercising helps too as long as you do not over do it, just 30-60 minutes a few times a week. It can balance out the need to lower your food intake by to far and the adrenaline makes you feel great
Just remind yourself of how beautiful you are. Size does not define your beauty.
If you need to talk more please PM me, I'd love to be able to support you and help you out.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread