TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bullet Offline
Amanda <3
Not a n00b

Name: Amanda

Question Thinking about it. - May 18th 2013, 06:51 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm supposedly at a healthy weight, but I can't stand the way I look.. I feel fat all the time, especially when I sit down and my stomach pooches out. Ive been telling myself to exercise, but I work two jobs, and don't have the time too. When I do have time, I'm exhausted. I've tried counting calories, or dieting other ways, but after a day or two, I can't push myself to continue. I eat like a pig, every few hours, until I'm full. When I don't eat until I'm full, I get cranky. Nothing seems to work, so I've been trying to starve myself. I don't want to eat and then make myself sick. I'd rather just not eat at all. I've went days without eating before. I know this supposedly only makes you fatter because when you do eat, your body stores everything. I don't really know what to do.

Bullet <3

PM/VM Anytime!

Instagram: spoiledrottens
PM To Add On Facebook

TeenHelp Member Since 5/11/13
Free of Self Harm Since 5/20/13

To Donate, Please Visit www.gofundme.com/wishescometrue

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Thinking about it. - May 18th 2013, 07:53 PM

Hai Amanda

Okay. So one of the first things I have to tell you is that if you didn't have rolls when you sat down, you literally would not be able to stand up and straighten out- got me? Every single human being on the planet has those, seriously. I am not just saying this to make you feel better, it's a scientific fact.

Secondly, I'm gonna tell you about set point theory. It's the whole thing of your body having a pre-determined weight and it's gonna try it's best to stay there. So if you diet, sure you'll be able to get your weight down, but when you stop dieting and start eating according to your hunger cues, and not restrict yourself or eat for any other reason apart from natural hunger your body will probably float back to it's natural weight. If someone is depressed, and they eat for comfort, they'll gain weight past their set point, because they're not eating normally and to their hunger cues, they're eating because they're depressed and as a coping mechanism. Just like if someone is restricting themselves they'll lose weight. But when the people are eating 'normally' again they'll go back to their set points.

Confidence doesn't come from the outside. It comes from within you. Losing weight is a placebo effect, people expect to feel better when they lose weight and so they do. If you expect to feel good, and accept yourself as you are, you can skip the whole placebo and just feel good about yourself! I know that sounds all cheesy and stuff, but really, looking at yourself as a person and more than just your appearance can actually work wonders. You're a human being, with real feelings, real experiences, and your very existence is a miracle. Every heartbeat is a wonder, your body is incredible. Start looking at what it does for you as opposed to what it looks like. Like genitalia. It doesn't look the prettiest, but it helps you make babies (and feel damn good ).

I know this probably hasn't been much help, but seriously, keep your chin up. I'm only a PM away and I'll be able to reply when I have a more reliable internet connection

Take as long as you need.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Bullet Offline
Amanda <3
Not a n00b

Name: Amanda

Re: Thinking about it. - May 18th 2013, 08:12 PM

I can't lie, I really like that answer! (:

Bullet <3

PM/VM Anytime!

Instagram: spoiledrottens
PM To Add On Facebook

TeenHelp Member Since 5/11/13