TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Blahhhh101 Offline
Smile (:
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eva
Location: Somewhere Far away.. With lots of hills and mountains.

Scared.-. - May 26th 2013, 01:37 PM

Ok, well I think that I may have some symptoms of an eating disorder. Im so scared. I haven't been eating because I always feel so fat. So I've stopped eating. When people call be to fat I literally break down. When there's something to do with food I avoid it because I dont want to eat and when people offer me food I deny it. The thing is I already am really skinny. I am losing a lot of weight. Im considered underweight because I'm 15 and 5'6. Indo scared because what if I do have a ED then people will look at me weird. I just dont know. I just feelalone in my thoughts

Last edited by Blahhhh101; May 26th 2013 at 03:26 PM.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Blahhhh101 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Scared.-. - May 26th 2013, 03:36 PM

Your not alone and there is nothing to be ashamed of by your struggles. Don't be afraid to admit to yourself, and others if need be, that your struggling with something, it'll be important if you need help. I can't be the one to say if you have an eating disorder or not, but if you are struggling as much as you say you are you should definitely reach out for help, you shouldn't have to feel scared, confused or alone. There are people who can help you. There are counsellors who specialize in ED's, nutritionists who can help you with your eating and so on. You should talk to an adult who you can trust and let them know how scared you are and that you need to talk to someone who can help you.
People won't stare at you in a judgey way, you don't even need to tell more people than you want to tell, a lot of people will at least try to understand what your going through and want you to get help. It'll be ok, all of us here will support you and there are resources that you can reach out too, it's hard to say what exactly to look for because I don't know what you live, but counsellors are pretty much everywhere if nothing else

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Scared.-. - May 28th 2013, 12:18 PM

Hi Eva.

First of all, I can tell you that you are not alone in these thoughts. I can relate to a lot of what you said, actually; I always avoided talking about my eating issues with anyone because I thought that they'd judge me or think differently of me. But then I realised that what I was going through was more common than I'd thought, and there were people out there who could understand what I was going through. That helped a lot, so I thought I'd extend the same to you: you're not alone, and there are people who understand, who want to help.

It's great that you've recognised that you're heading down a dangerous path, and that you're reaching out for help before it gets too worse. It's sad how many people don't, or can't, reach out like this and only end up accepting help when it's absolutely necessary. So I applaud your initiative and I hope we can help.

It sounds like your mindset might need some adjusting. With today's society it's easy to get swept along in the misguided notion that you need to be stick-thin to be beautiful, that you stop being beautiful if you're not a certain size or body shape. Let me ask you something: if you knew nothing about society, if nobody had any expectations and magazines weren't trying to push you to become 'perfect', how would you feel about your body? It's not about being the right weight or size or shape, it's about learning to feel comfortable in your own skin. Which, believe me, can feel like an uphill battle at times, but I promise it's worth it.

If you're really struggling with this, I'd recommend talking to someone about it. I know it can be scary but it can also help a lot. Maybe try a trusted friend or adult, or even a psychological professional. They can help you sort out what's going on in your mind and help you develop a healthier attitude towards food.

I hope this helped, and I hope you feel better soon. Take care.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PrimadonnaQueen Offline
left this site.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Scared.-. - June 2nd 2013, 09:09 PM

Hey Eva,

I honestly think you should talk to an adult you trust, such as a parent or teacher,about how you are feeling.

There are alot of people that can help you to feel better about yourself, and they won't judge you or see you as weird. They are there to help - it is their job.

I hope you feel better soon and I hope things will look up for you

.....“You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.”.....

Closed Thread