TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kaeyahh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Luby

Thigh Gap. :s - May 29th 2013, 03:55 PM

I wantttt a thigh gap so badly.!!
Its when your feet are together and your thighs are apart (your thighs dont touch)
Im desperate to do anything for it.
Ive battled with an ED before but now Im back into it. I think its the only way I can get this gap.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ɯιттʏ~ Offline
Narwhal Lover
Not a n00b

Name: Callie

Re: Thigh Gap. :s - May 29th 2013, 09:20 PM

This new thigh gap thing is ridiculous, because anyone without a 'thigh gap' is picked on at my school. You don't have to have a thigh gap to be beautiful. Just have to be comfortable with yourself. But, if you do desperately want this 'thigh gap', do it the healthy way with dieting and exercise. Better results will come from it.

Send a message via AIM to Ɯιттʏ~ Send a message via Skype™ to Ɯιттʏ~ 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: Thigh Gap. :s - May 29th 2013, 10:07 PM

I'm totally in your shoes .-. But I'm just an ugly fat pathetic idiot. Can't wait to be bullied in high school next year. Yay.

My mom says I'm not fat, and my weight doesn't really show on me. But still, I feel fat compared to others. And I don't know how to diet.
I imagine you know somewhat how I feel?

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Thigh Gap. :s - May 29th 2013, 11:12 PM

The thing with thigh gaps is that it's got to do with how wide your hips are and it's about pelvic conformation. So if your hips are wider your legs are further apart, so people with narrower hips don't get thigh gaps as easily, and it also means that you have to avoid anything that would build to much muscle in your thighs. So while this is something that a lot of women covet it's not realistic for a lot of people and so many women sacrifice being in good shape and eating healthy in order to achieve this goal when they could be in shape and eat more if they had other goals that did suit their figure (such as to simply maintain a healthy weight)... I know it's challenging, a thigh gap is what any women consider the ultimate achievement, but look at all the amazing beautiful women out there who don't have that particular characteristic, it's not a characteristic that's even that defining in the greater scheme of things. For me it helps to look at celebrities like Sofia Vergara, Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johanson to remember that what the media makes look like an ideal isn't always the case, yes these women are all thin but they don't look unhealthy and they don't have gaps. It helps to have celebrities who are bustier and curvier like that around.
Just hang in there, it's hard but you can do it.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Thigh Gap. :s - June 1st 2013, 12:24 AM

Don't worry about it, guys.

One can be very fit - and very slim, also - and still not have a thigh gap. I'm a runner, I watched what I eat, and I finally gave up on acquiring a gap between my thighs. The reason for this is that the more I exercise, the more I build up the muscles in my legs - mainly, my thighs! And one doesn't have to have a thigh gap to be have a nice figure. I know plenty of girls who don't, and they're absolutely gorgeous. True beauty comes from confidence, because when a girl is confident, you can know that she's comfortable in her own skin, and people tend to like those who are confident enough to shrug off ridiculous insults.

And, @Jess: I'd recommend checking your BMI and such before dieting, if you plan on it. If it's within the normal range, eating the same amount and exercising to tone up can be beneficial. It's all in the balance of things.

Optimism is key, in everything: If you look at your body like it isn't your friend, it won't ever be. I used to eat very little and run very much, but I realized my body was my friend, and started to work with it rather than against it. If you want to feel great about yourself, I'd recommend taking that view of your body. You wouldn't want to hurt your friend, right? I'm guessing not. So, recognize your body as separate from your spirit, and use your spirit to work with your body to achieve the ultimate result; not to wither up and kill the body.

Good luck, guys. Message me if you have any questions, eh?

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

Closed Thread