TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Don't want to do anything anymore. - July 12th 2013, 07:00 PM

Hi.

Um... It's been a while since I've been on here. Like a week or so.

I feel really bad about myself. I am not my idea of pretty. I look so plain, and I can't get rid of my love handles. I don't want to do anything anymore. I don't want to run, I don't want to leave the house because I feel too fat to move, I just...

I'm not fat. I'm average weight, but I hate myself. I have a light bone structure, and I could very easily be my idea of beautiful. But I can't stop eating. I can't get a job because of where I live, my life has changed very little in the last six months, and I'm sick of sitting on the couch. There is nothing to do that I haven't done a million times. I'm sick of myself. I'm bored with myself. I'm a failure. I can't get back to the weight I'm most comfortable at or even get back inside the range I'd like to be in.

This is bullshit. I can't do this. I'm supposed to be the healthy one in my family, but I'm falling prey to the same boredom binging that my family has suffered from for generations.

I'm going to be fat like all my aunts, like my mother.

This isn't normal. I don't want to be like them, but I can't stop it. I'm sick of myself. I cry every time I look into the mirror.

Someone help me.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Don't want to do anything anymore. - July 15th 2013, 08:12 AM

Hey Anna,

My family is the exact same way. I have a lot of disordered eating in my family, binge-eating disorder and bulimia in particular. There is a lot of obesity, and it scares me as well. But having self-esteem issues only put you higher at risk of developing these issues.

You don't need to have getting to a certain weight your goal. You may have been at this "comfortable weight" before you were fully developed, since as teens, we're all developing into adults. It's sometimes concerning when you reach that age when your body becomes adult-like. But it's natural; your weight is going to fluctuate. Start thinking that it's not about a number. Eat healthy food in a healthy amount, not too restrictive (like trying to completely cut sugar) but not too much. Restricting too much can cause temporary unhealthy weight loss or binging and eating too much is unhealthy as well. You need to learn what's a healthy amount for your body and your activity, so eat until you're full, not too full.

If you're bored of what you're doing, make new goals. Start writing a blog. Do different exercises; maybe you ca do a Zumba class or yoga! Maybe consider doing a project here on TeenHelp, such as Articles, Videos or Social Networking to help give you something to do and new goals. Expand your life and try new things! It's natural to feel bored if we're doing the same thing over and over.

Stay strong.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Re: Don't want to do anything anymore. - July 16th 2013, 11:27 AM

Nah, I've been fully developed since I was thirteen, lol.

I told my mom about all of this, and she's throwing out the scale, and getting me a therapist. We haven't told my dad yet, and I'm seriously worried about how he's gonna take it. Mom didn't take it so well, but she's been amazingly supportive.

I've been working on my books and stories a lot, and visiting my grandma. She's been doing yoga, which I've been doing with her; it's pretty fun. My grandfather referred to one of the poses as "dying cockroach," and now we can't help but giggle every time we do yoga, lol.

1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Don't want to do anything anymore. - July 16th 2013, 11:52 AM

I'm really proud of you for telling your mother. I know that this must have been hard, but you're going to receive help, and whether or not you know it now, your life is going to change for the better.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Re: Don't want to do anything anymore. - July 16th 2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coexist. View Post
I'm really proud of you for telling your mother. I know that this must have been hard, but you're going to receive help, and whether or not you know it now, your life is going to change for the better.
Thank you, and I hope so. I cried in front of my mom for the first time in years.

I'm usually not... Really the emotional type, haha.

Closed Thread