TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Moira

Question I don't know what is wrong with me - July 19th 2013, 08:52 AM

I have always been self conscious about my weight...but recently it has gotten really bad, to the point where I'm skipping meals usually breakbeat and lunch then I have a small dinner...it's not that I do t want to eat...I'm starving all day, it's just...my body won't physically let me eat intill I'm at the point of nearly passing out, it didn't help that my ex recently called me a fat pig either....I know I'm slightly overweight but I've been trying ex reside and eating right...so why can't I just eat no matter how much I want to?

I don't owe you anything, you'll only die a dream forgotten. I've got my pride so hear me sing, I'll never let you steal my coffin
~coffin:bvb~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: I don't know what is wrong with me - July 20th 2013, 03:12 PM

It could be a number of things causing this. I would definitely talk to your doctor about what's going on. They can run tests, etc and figure out what's going on whether it be something physically or otherwise, then give you a plan of action to work on taking care of this.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: I don't know what is wrong with me - July 24th 2013, 04:37 PM

Hey there!

I'm sorry you're feeling like this. I definitely can relate to what you're going through right now.

First, I want to talk about your ex. No one should ever call anyone a fat pig. That's awful and just proves the kind of person he is. You really don't need someone like that in your life. Anyone who brings you down isn't worth it. Can you block him from your phone/facebook/email/etc? People can be ruthless, but that's how you know who is worth keeping around.

It sounds to me like you're feeling depressed/stressed/anxious/etc which is causing your appetite to be suppressed. For some people, it can actually increase appetite, but for others, it can decrease. I think for you, it might be worth identifying your emotions and putting them in perspective. Meaning, identify your emotions- then figure out why you feel that way. If you can do that, then you can work towards reversing that emotion into something more positive.

Starving yourself isn't the way to fix it. It can be very detrimental to your physical health, as well as MENTAL health. Losing weight in a healthy way is the better route to go here. Is it possible that you can eat healthy, and exercise healthy as well? Exercise can make people feel really good. But of course, only in moderation. Whether your overweight or not, you can always speak to a nutritionist about a healthy diet for you. They can take in account your weight, height, muscle mass, emotions, eating habits, etc and create a meal plan that will work for you.

Also, I think it's important that you talk to someone about the emotions that you are experiencing. Can you talk to your parents, or perhaps a trusted teacher at school? Talking about things that bug you can be really hard. But it's worth it. It allows you to vent, and feel like you're being heard. This, in turn, will help you to ultimately feel better. And if not- you have the support to help you get there.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Moira

Re: I don't know what is wrong with me - July 24th 2013, 11:49 PM

thanks for the advice, im trying to talk to my friend about it, her and her mom are always willing to help me, im still alittle scared though

I don't owe you anything, you'll only die a dream forgotten. I've got my pride so hear me sing, I'll never let you steal my coffin
~coffin:bvb~

Closed Thread