TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shoshana (Shana)

Worried.. Help - July 28th 2013, 07:55 PM

I don't remember the rules so please lmk if I'm out of line. I got sick today after I had a bowl of cereal and there was blood in it. Should I be concerned? Like is it my esophagus or what? Please help...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Worried.. Help - July 28th 2013, 08:04 PM

Puking blood isn't something that's considered normal. I would definitely be concerned. I suggest telling your parents and seeing about getting into the doctor. They can better assist you with this, and can also let you know what's causing the blood.

I hope you feel better soon

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shoshana (Shana)

Re: Worried.. Help - July 29th 2013, 05:48 PM

Thank you. I can't go to the doctor. I have no insurance or money. I can't tell my mom either because I'm currently fighting with her and my sister. Moving out

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Worried.. Help - July 29th 2013, 06:54 PM

I definitely understand not wanting to go the doctor because of not having insurance, trust me. But when it comes to your health- you need to go. If it were a cough or a cold, you can nurse yourself back to health without a doctor. But when it comes to coughing/puking/sneezing/pooping/peeing blood, it can be a sign of something much worse then a typical cough. And although you an your mom are fighting, it's important to set your differences aside for your health. Can you get help from anyone else? Because I strongly feel as though this isn't something that you should leave untreated or not looked at.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
in_recovery Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachel

Re: Worried.. Help - July 29th 2013, 08:22 PM

I agree with Glitter, , you really should see a doctor ASAP. pukeing blood could mean serious things that requires medical attention.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
♔ Queen of Ambivalence ♔
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Worried.. Help - July 29th 2013, 09:54 PM

Erm, as an anorexic with bulimic tendencies I'm going to disagree. You probably don't need to see a doctor. Was the blood a normal red or was it really dark and the consistency of coffee beans? If it was normal then you just scratched your mouth or throat while you were purging. If it was dark you need to go to emerg asap because dark blood is from you esophagus and you probably just tore it.

Bleeding a bit isn't anything to worry about. I mean, in general, purging is bad and horrible for you. But seeing a bit of blood? You're okay. I had the same problem and had to look into it so I'm pretty confident in my answer.

♥ PM me anytime, I'm here for you ♥

Out of the ashes I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar. I've got shame, I've got scars that I will never show. I'm a survivor in more ways than you know. 'Cause all the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Worried.. Help - July 29th 2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseFromTheAshes View Post
Erm, as an anorexic with bulimic tendencies I'm going to disagree. You probably don't need to see a doctor. Was the blood a normal red or was it really dark and the consistency of coffee beans? If it was normal then you just scratched your mouth or throat while you were purging. If it was dark you need to go to emerg asap because dark blood is from you esophagus and you probably just tore it.

Bleeding a bit isn't anything to worry about. I mean, in general, purging is bad and horrible for you. But seeing a bit of blood? You're okay. I had the same problem and had to look into it so I'm pretty confident in my answer.
While this is probably correct, and could just be a scratch- you don't know that for sure. It's ALWAYS best to get it checked, even if you THINK you're okay, you can't be 100% positive. It's always safest to get it checked out.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Worried.. Help - July 30th 2013, 10:34 AM

Seeing a doctor will also allow you to talk about the issue and perhaps get recommendations about recovery. Plus, it's always best to be safe rather than sorry.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Sweetheart Helper<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jay

Re: Worried.. Help - July 31st 2013, 01:50 PM

You should be concerned because I remember when that was me doing that to myself and I saw blood all the time but I did do one thing I asked a doctor about and she told that my stomach was probably bleeding from what I was doing. So remember we're always here to help!!!

My wrist have cuts and scars, and they tell my story and who i am.
  Send a message via Skype™ to PleaseDontLetMeGo 
Closed Thread