TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Passing Out - August 5th 2013, 05:19 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I feel really bad for posting a lot of threads lately. I'm just not doing well at all. I've blacked out quite often. But I don't seem to remember what happens beforehand. My weight isn't that low, but I was getting measured for a dress today and my waist is significantly smaller than the rest of my body. I've felt weird since I've gotten up; almost like I've had too much sleep or my head is cloudy. I took a shower and I felt worse. I had to hold myself up and then a little later on I lost control of my knees and my mom had to hold me up. I also feel kind of shaky. Not the triggering kind. I've eaten today. I don't know, I just feel different than usual. I guess I'm just looking for any information about ED's and passing out.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fenzy Offline
Only dogs should fear pounds.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassie

Re: Passing Out - August 5th 2013, 08:25 PM

Hi Cassie
I like your name

First of all, don't feel bad for posting on here. We're all here to help!

To put it simply, your body is basically trying to tell you that something isn't right. It needs food, it needs nutrients to help it function properly all the time. If it's not getting what it needs, it will let you know. If you are blacking out, then that is your body screaming that something needs to change.

Story time! I have an eating disorder as well and I was definately not eating enough for my body to function properly. And one morning at work, I passed out. What confused me was that I had eaten more than usual the night before. But even if you have eaten fine that day, that doesn't mean that the long term affects aren't taking a toll on your body. I was taken to the hospital after I passed out and told that my blood sugar was low, my blood pressure was low, my heart was slow. It was a real wake up call because I wasn't that underweight either.

You just never know exactly what is going on inside your body. If you're fainting and feeling shaking, etc, then that is your body telling you that something is not right.

I suggest seeing a doctor just to make sure everything is working properly and to perhaps get a healthier mindset and diet going for you because you really just never know what's going on. It's better to play it safe and get the help that you need.

Best of luck <3

Cassie.

Only you have the power to say,
"This is not how my story will end"

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Passing Out - August 8th 2013, 05:02 AM

Hi! I like your name, too!

Right, that's what I thought. I've had an ED since I was about twelve, but I didn't start blacking out until the past year or so. It also seems to affect my heart, but that could also be anxiety. Wow, that seems like it was scary. Thanks for responding! I'll definitely face my ED when I start therapy again.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fenzy Offline
Only dogs should fear pounds.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassie

Re: Passing Out - August 8th 2013, 02:16 PM

Best of luck You can do it.