TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Buttercup_Allea Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation What is going on? - August 8th 2013, 03:58 AM

Ok so I am 14 and I was anerexic when I was 12 but I got better and now I've started to calorie count, and only eat (edited)calories a day. At first I didn't notice it then I realized that I always stoped when my head hit (edited) at first it was subconscious but now I see what I eat and how much and how many calories are there. Is this my anexeria coming back? Please help. Is this something I should be worried about? I've lost (edited) pounds I've 3 months (give or take the weight)

Last edited by SparklingWine; August 8th 2013 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Please don't post weight or caloric figures, as they are against our CoC. Thanks! :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: What is going on? - August 8th 2013, 04:44 AM

Hi there! to TH!

I'm really glad that you were able to get better, but I'm also sorry to hear that you've been calorie counting again. One of my mom's friends struggled with bulimia. I, myself, have a form of Anorexia. My mom's friend is recovered, but she always says that it's still there in the back of her mind. Is there any other issues that you were struggling with after you had gotten better? Some of those things are kind of like a see-saw and it takes longer to get everything under control. Is there anything in particular that could have triggered you? Anorexia is losing weight on purpose, as you know. So yes, it sounds like you're going back into your old habits. You can get through this, though! I know you can. Message me if you need anything.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Buttercup_Allea Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What is going on? - August 11th 2013, 02:51 AM

What triggered my anerexia was my brother leaving the state. He just got back the other day but this has been happening way longer so I don't think its him. Maybe it might be because of all my panic/anxiety attacks lately.

~BuTtErCuP

Closed Thread