TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ral. Offline
'ello.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Early Development of an ED? - November 5th 2013, 10:58 PM

So, recently I've noticed a change in my body as well as my mind. I'm beginning to worry that I'm beginning to develop an ED. I see myself as fat and disgusting regardless of people's comments on my physical appearance.

In the past month I've began skipping meals, even for entire days occasionally, or eating small things such as two cereal bars a day. I'm gradually beginning to lose my urge to eat, as I don't feel hungry anymore and thinking about eating makes me feel physically sick. I've lost 4" around my waist over this month and I'm really worried about this. I have two friends that I can speak to about this, one being a recovered anorexic but I don't want them to worry or to bring back any bad memories.

I'm completely against psychological help due to bad experiences whilst my self-harm was at its worst.

I'd appreciate any help or advice,
Thanks,
~Jack.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Banshee Prince Offline
One day I am gonna grow wings
Average Joe

Name: Nash

Re: Early Development of an ED? - November 6th 2013, 02:05 AM

I'm glad you're noticing this problem early on, because I think the further into it you get, the harder it is to get out of these sort of things.

I really do urge you to talk to your friends about it, the two you mentioned you could talk to. You might want to check with the one who has recovered, just say "I've noticed some new habits with my eating and I'd like to talk about them, is that okay?" Just to make sure you don't make them uncomfortable or trigger bad memories, etc.

You said you're against psychological help, and I can understand that, bad experiences can really ruin your opinion of something. But really, you should at the very least see a doctor. I'd really recommend seeing a therapist, though. You don't have to stick with the first one you visit. If you know it's not going to work out for you, see a different one. That's my advice.

And, if you ever want to talk, feel free to message me, okay?

So I will find my fears and face them
I will cower like a dog
I will kick and scream
I will kneel and plead
I'll fight like hell to hide that I'm givin' up
Another Travelin' Song ||| Bright Eyes

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ral. Offline
'ello.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: Early Development of an ED? - November 6th 2013, 08:07 PM

Thanks for the reply, Nash. I appreciate your concern and I'll be sure to message you if anything further comes up.

Regards,
~Jack.

PM/VM Me if you need any sort of help, I welcome ANYONE who wants to talk.

"In case you didn't know, dead people don't bleed. If you can bleed, see it, feel it, then you know you're alive. It's irrefutable, undeniable proof. Sometimes I just need a little reminder.

Closed Thread