TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Ellie

Fat + Pig + Cow + Worthless = ME - November 13th 2013, 03:44 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

After months of weighting myself, I finally did weight myself again today. I gained [EDITED]. I feel so ashamed of it. I was doing so good with my weight loss and now I am back to being a ball of fat. I hate myself so much.

Last edited by Coffee.; November 13th 2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers, thry arr against Code of Conduct. Thanks!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Fat + Pig + Cow + Worthless = ME - November 13th 2013, 02:23 PM

You are not a ball of fat. You are not a pig. You definitely aren't worthless. You're a human being. Gaining weight doesn't suddenly change you into this grotesque animal. Your body doesn't stay the same, it's alive- and it also has a set point, a weight at which your body resides if you are not restricting your intake or eating past your hunger cues (for example comfort eating) and going about your normal day to day life. If you change your lifestyle, for example exercising more or less, then your set point may change, but only if these lifestyle choices are permanent. Temporary changes in lifestyle lead to temporary changes in weight.

If you are going about your weight loss in a healthy way (and I would recommend speaking to a doctor first) that's great. Also make sure you aren't depriving your body of anything, whether that be straight up calories or nutrients, whatever. As I said before, the only real way of changing your set point, and therefore your ~ permanent weight is to make a permanent lifestyle choice. A diet that is deficient in anything is not sustainable- not eating enough calories generally leads to an eventual biological fuelled binge. Same for lack of nutrients. Tl; Dr: make sure you aren't deficient in anything.

As for the "fat pig worthless" thing- no. That's not how it works. Like I said, you're a human being. You have wants, aspirations, feelings. Humans cannot be defined by simple adjectives. The likelihood is, if you gained the weight back without comfort eating, or eating in anyway that is outside of simply wanting food, your body needs it. And if you're looking for self confidence down the weight loss path, let me save you some time and tell you it just doesn't happen. Self confidence is an internal thing, weight loss the placebo. Why a placebo? Society has convinced us we need to be thin to like ourselves. I'm not thin. And I love myself. So skip the placebo and just feel the effects- effects earned by eating right, getting out there and living life without giving a damn about weight and calories, trust me when I say it's a lot more fun.

Again, I don't know your situation. I just guessed at it because you posted in the "Eating Disorder" forum, somewhere I am very protective of (just ask Traci or Lynds, once upon a time I would have happily taken it off their hands). If I'm completely off the mark, just ignore me. I hope I was of some help to you though, even if that help was misguided or just knowledge.

Ps. I've been told I'm rather harsh. Sorry, not my intention xD

Take as long as you need.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pug girl!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bre :3

Re: Fat + Pig + Cow + Worthless = ME - November 18th 2013, 04:29 AM

Hey there, you're not a fat cow or anything like that. It's normal to go up and down in weight that's just part of life. Starving yourself or calling yourself names will not help this though. You need to get to a state of mind where you see yourself as beautiful no matter what you may weigh, because it's true. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and no matter what you weight you're beautiful inside and out. I used to view myself as this way, but then I met my boyfriend and he's helped me see that rather I'm big or skinny I'm beautiful. If you're truly worried about your weight then maybe talk to your doctor and they can set you up with a nutritionist or something to help you find a healthy eating pattern. Just remember you're beautiful no matter what you weigh inside and out and we love you for you.

LIVE HELP ASSOCIATE
08/07/14 Social Networking Team

She walks away the colors fade to grey. - Black Keys

Keep your head up, you're only one grey day away from sunshine.

10/15/2015- The day he came into my life and made it all okay.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxmoonxraverxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: moon raver

Re: Fat + Pig + Cow + Worthless = ME - November 22nd 2013, 11:42 PM

oh honey, you're by no means worthless. maybe this hardship is for you to overcome to teach others, such as a career in therapy, or being a mother. but you will get past it.

facebook: click here!
kik: superlockedwhovian

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ki

Re: Fat + Pig + Cow + Worthless = ME - December 1st 2013, 04:48 AM

Okay alot of Eating disorders are brought on by Magazines,tv,bulliing ect
i wana vouch for myself and the rest of my man population super skinny is not attractive all us men if you too be happy with yourself, you have to look at yourself and say this is who i am

Closed Thread