TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Don't know what to eat.. :/ - November 17th 2013, 05:41 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey guys

I've had an eating disorder for years, and although I have managed to keep my weight maintained at borderline underweight/healthy, I have never been happy. I have ups and downs with eating and food on a regular basis. I go through phases all the time. I eat only because I have to not because I want to and even then its a horrible cycle of only eating super low calorie foods or foods that I think are 'safe'. I don't know how to explain it, it's just a horrible cycle of self-hatred, feelings of disgust and repulsion, and right now it's like im falling back wards. I don't even want to eat what im eating because im going fat and im scared im gonna get fatter. I just don't know what to eat. I don't know what's healthy anymore, or what food is right for me.. Waah Im stuck and confused

''No pressure, no diamonds''

There may not always be a direct answer to a problem, but there is always a way to get through it.
Strength is the best quality of the human mind and body, and I believe everyone has it; whether they believe it or not. Look for that tiny glimmer of hope deep inside yourself and once you've found it let it blossom, glow and illuminate your life.

I'm always here if anyone wants to talk.

x x x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Don't know what to eat.. :/ - November 17th 2013, 09:50 PM

Alright. People who post after me are probably gonna have a heyday debunking this, but I suggest going Primal. I'm a huge advocate of this lifestyle because it does not ask me to count calories to maintain my current (healthy) weight. Not only that, but my energy levels have shot up to a point that they've never been at, and my energy levels are totally consistent. I feel free to eat what I want, when I want. My body is building muscle faster than ever, my sleeping cycle has readjusted itself, I'm sick less of the time, and I'm dancing around the house and jogging again. I've even taken up doing chores around the house because I've got too much damned energy to sit down.

Thing is, I used to be exactly like you. I counted every calorie that went into my mouth. I was about five pounds away from being underweight, and still thought I looked awful, so I still counted calories. I forced myself to run because I wanted to lose weight, but I never really did. Now that I'm Primal, I've stopped counting calories obsessively. I'm not worried about losing weight, I'm worried about building muscle. I don't feel sick to my stomach all the time. I'm not gonna lie: Sometimes I still look at something and think "Oh, hey, I can't eat this because I don't know how many calories are in it". Then I remember: "But I'm hungry, so I'll eat."

This lifestyle isn't a diet. You learn it, you try it, and you won't want to go back to eating the way other people do or to counting calories. Or, at least, if you're like me. This Primal Blueprint (as it's called) will teach you to work with your body instead of against it to achieve maximum efficiency. The thing is, since going Primal, I've experienced such an amazing overturn of my self-esteem... I feel stronger, energized, and I feel confident. The days I slip up and eat cake or peanut butter or something else sugary, I notice a huge difference. I start crashing and burning and going ultra-depressive again.

My doctor and my mother both approve of the Primal Blueprint. It's done wonders for my life, wonders for my relationship with food, and wonders for my relationship with my body. I fully recommend giving it a shot, and seeing what you feel like after a week or so.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. I wish you all the luck in overcoming your poor relationship with food.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pug girl!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bre :3

Re: Don't know what to eat.. :/ - November 18th 2013, 04:25 AM

Hi there, it sounds to me like maybe this isn't all about what to eat. I think maybe talking to someone about why you hate yourself and feel the need not to eat may help too. You need to remember that good is not the enemy here, and that you're beautiful rather you're skinny or big. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes not just one, but if you're truly concerned with what to eat maybe talk to your doctor. I know this can be scary because you don't want them to judge you, but they're there to help guide you in a safe and happy lifestyle. I hope that this helps and remember YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL and food is your friend when used in a balanced and healthy diet.

LIVE HELP ASSOCIATE
08/07/14 Social Networking Team

She walks away the colors fade to grey. - Black Keys

Keep your head up, you're only one grey day away from sunshine.

10/15/2015- The day he came into my life and made it all okay.

Closed Thread