TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Diamond_ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Diamond

fat worthless why - December 2nd 2013, 10:37 AM

I don't get how even though I haven't eaten for a week, except the one time I happened to b/p, I'm still a cow.. some people say dumb stuff like "you're not fat" or "you're perfect the way you are" to me, thinking it helps. But the mirror says otherwise. It's gotten so that i avoid even looking in mirrors, because the more I do, the worse i feel, which causes me to wither eat everything to try to get rid of the pain, or just no eat anything since I don't deserve to eat anything anyway... I know i shouldn't complain because there are people who struggle with eating disorders every day and though I think I may have one, i don't know for sure. But still..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: fat worthless why - December 2nd 2013, 10:52 AM

I don't think you are complaining your just expressing how you feel. I know what it's like when people tell you your not fat or other compliments thinking it helps but it doesn't. I'm not really good at giving advise on this because I struggle off and on with my eating disorder but it sounds like you still do eat and aren't that far into the eating disorder so my advise is to get a therapist that specializes in eds and work with her before it gets out of control like it does. I'm sorry this advise kinda sucked I hope it helped a little

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pug girl!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bre :3

Re: fat worthless why - December 12th 2013, 04:40 AM

Hey there, I know how you feel a lot. I have people tell me all the time that I'm not that big and stuff and it's hard to believe it. The thing I have to remember is rather I like how I look on the outside or not that beauty is only skin deep. The true beauty comes from inside, and if you're happy with you're there that's what should matter. As for feeling fat, if you truly feel that way maybe talk to your doctor about ways you can lose weight but in healthy ways. Never ever mistake that you're NOT beautiful cause at the end of the day outter beauty can fade away but inner beauty is always there to stay. If you ever wanna talk my PMs and VMs are always open stay strong and know you're loved here.

LIVE HELP ASSOCIATE
08/07/14 Social Networking Team

She walks away the colors fade to grey. - Black Keys

Keep your head up, you're only one grey day away from sunshine.

10/15/2015- The day he came into my life and made it all okay.

Closed Thread