TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Recovery... - December 13th 2013, 12:05 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I want to recover, I need to recover. I can't even get on a scale anymore not because I'm too heavy for the traditional scale (thank god, nowhere even close to being that much overweight!) but because the numbers disgust me. It makes me want to cut open my stomach and tear out my intestines. A lot of things give me that feeling, especially those bloody fucking weight-loss/leaner abs stuff.

I can't stop eating though. I sometimes eat four or five meals a day. When I'm bored or stressed, I eat. My therapist said I'm a food hoarder and it's true. Sometimes, I eat so much that my stomach overflows and everything I ate moves in reverse.

I just need support. I'm told portion control and exercise works, but I can't do this by myself!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Recovery... - December 13th 2013, 07:43 PM

I think maybe seeing a nutritionist would help she can help you set up a eating plan on what to eat when to eat and how much to eat. Exercise is great too maybe just go for a walk around the block. If you ever need to talk you can always pm or vm me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyways and Starlights View Post
I can't even get on a scale anymore not because I'm too heavy for the traditional scale (thank god, nowhere even close to being that much overweight!) (
I just have to say this when I read that I was offended because I can't get on a scale because I am to heavy for our but it wasn't by choice my pills made me gain weight so please just be carefully of what you say.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Recovery... - December 13th 2013, 08:18 PM

Hey

I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but maybe think of the reasons you eat? I know that sounds silly, but if you're eating this much because you're hungry- you need to see a doctor and discuss it with them because it may be a physical problem. If this is a mental thing however, a mental need to eat- list why you think you eat. If you eat when you're bored, stressed or upset, find new ways of coping when you feel like this. If you know you eat when you're upset, and you can feel yourself getting upset- distract yourself, do something to take your mind off it. Run a bath, play a game, read a book. I don't know what you've tried, and I'm probably not being much help, but I just wanted to stop by and offer some suggestions.

- Laura x

Take as long as you need.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: Recovery... - December 13th 2013, 10:00 PM

I notice when I'm distracted or busy, I don't eat. So I know it isn't physical. It's hard to explain, but when I've nothing to do, or I'm stressing over schoolwork... instead of finding something to do or getting to my schoolwork, I heat up a full-sized meal... even if I ate just two hours earlier.

Closed Thread