TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Moira

Question Starvation - January 9th 2014, 06:39 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have not been on this sight for a while. In fact I was doing good, I even stopped self harming. But recently I broke up with my boyfriend and all of a sudden all of my old feelings came flooding back. Now before I continue I have to say I am overweight, not too much, only by like [Edited.] or so...but it feels so much worse, I hate my stomach and I hate my thighs and so on. Recently I have found myself counting calories and well...at the end of the day they don't add up, it's normaly between [Edited.]. I noticed after a few days and tryed to stop but I just can't physically eat something that I know is high in calories, fat and so on, it makes me feel sick and discusting an I just want to get sick. It's as if I try to do one thing and my brain just does not allow it.

I don't owe you anything, you'll only die a dream forgotten. I've got my pride so hear me sing, I'll never let you steal my coffin
~coffin:bvb~

Last edited by LlamaLlamaDuck; January 9th 2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight or calorie numbers on TeenHelp.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Starvation - January 9th 2014, 12:54 PM

Just so you know, you aren't supposed to post numbers on the site. (calories and weight), it can be triggering for people with ED's, even if most of us are able to give you help. I can't actually change that cause I'm not a moderator, so hopefully you can change it yourself soon.

Any ways, I'm sorry to hear about how much you are struggling. Have you reached out to anyone you know (I mean in real life I mean)? That was something that helped me a lot when I finally told my best friend. I promise that you can over come this and I'm glad you've at least acknowledged that something is going on and that you are struggling. That's often the first step to recovering. I know it'll be hard, but sometimes it is easier to force food down, a starvation diet doesn't really help. What did you try to do when this happened before?
You could also keep a journal of things you eat, of positive thoughts and try to record times when you feel triggered (do you think about your boyfriend, are you bored, are you feeling anxious etc.). I want to make an emphasis on positive thoughts because that's important I think .

Making small, achievable goals and recording them on a list in the journal would be most helpful too. That way if you slip up and binge or try to cut back on calories for a day or 2 you can always remind yourself that it's ok, "there's always tomorrow".

It'll be ok, if you ever need to talk or ask for help we'll be here for you. You will be ok

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Crazycatlady Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gretch

Re: Starvation - January 12th 2014, 05:09 AM

I'm sure that you are beautiful regardless of the size of your body parts and your body does not deserve to be tormented in such a way. Do you have someone who you trust to talk to about this? It is important to address because disordered eating can really be harsh on your body and can lead to a lot of health complications. It is important to address these issues of low body image so you can learn to love yourself and live a happy life.
I hope this helps. You can private message me any time if you need help.

This is my happy face.

Closed Thread