TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ZaraWrites Offline
#6Years #LHOperator #Skittles

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Zara

Unhappy What's going on? - January 29th 2014, 07:18 PM

2 weeks ago the doctor told me I could possibly have an eating disorder... I can't say whether I do or not, and I don't know if I do. My problem is, I can't eat in front of people. I'm always scared they would judge me. Monday and yesterday I managed to eat in front of people, which was fine. I still can't eat in front of my parents though. I eat in my room alone online to Kyle. He motivates me, but tonight nothing seems to be working... I looked at my dinner, and instantly felt sick. And I really don't feel like eating. Last night after I ate, I felt like I was going to be sick. I'm eating my dinner, and I feel like I'm going to be sick again. I have no idea what to do... I'm worried in case I actually have one, and I'm worried on why I can't eat normally again Any advice would be great

Books Published:
~ Dreams Really Do Come True
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: Here We Go Again
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
~ Two Worlds Collide

Therapy, you were never a friend to me ~ Therapy ♥ AllTimeLow

SKITTLIFY!!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DanTheMan :P Offline
Average Joe

Name: Dan

Re: What's going on? - January 29th 2014, 09:13 PM

Hey Zara

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be of much use here :P I just wanted to an express a personal interest in this thread because I feel exactly the same. I dont really mind around my family but say, at school, I just cant.

So if anyone had any suggestions I'm all ears too

(#3 (permalink)) Old
JyeScarecrow Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julian Bandhan

Re: What's going on? - January 29th 2014, 10:49 PM

Hello Zara and Dan,
I may not be of much help here either, but I can say that it doesn't seem like an eating disorder, but it's more with your mind. I used to have the same problem for a while, then it narrowed down to just girls(not that I didnt want to humiliate myself, but it just turned me off... alot)... for years. But slowly by slowly with the help of my friends(I spent most time with guys, so after a while it was only girls), I got rid of it.
As for you, Zara, I suggest you not worrying so much about it and not pushing yourself hard. When you feel you can eat, then eat, you need to keep your nutrition and energy and those other biological stuff up(lol sorry :|).
Little by little you'll get into it, just don't think about it too much and keep your motivations with you. ^_^

Quote:
"All Will Be Well"
-Blue Lantern Corp/The Flash

Closed Thread