TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
outsiderheart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: armand

this may be annoying to you - March 22nd 2014, 03:47 AM

I am a guy im fit and people say im limber and that makes me feel good bc it rymes with timber and some trees are skinny... ilike physical excersize bc I am truly literaly scared of being fat ....icouldrealy go much deeper into this ...I meen if my stomach changes shape I cut meals ...ihave a warped bodyimage andmy body type makes this standard that I realy try hard ... ithink its healthy and that people here eat like pigs and don't care about diabeties or other health problems ...so people say that's messed up and that I havea disorder but I don't im a guy and so when I try to identify with that group of people they get offended like im being stupid so I just don't talk about it ever but its a huge anxiety it controles who I hang out with how much sleep I get ..just everything

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ginger98 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ginger98

Re: this may be annoying to you - March 23rd 2014, 01:35 AM

It's not annoying. I'm glad you're actually coming out and talking about this! I understand how you feel--I don't necessarily cut meals ever but if my body changes at all I start to get self conscious and think I'm getting fat. And I agree a lot of people don't eat healthy including me. But I'm still skinny. And don't feel so self conscious, and don't ever cut meals. You are beautiful in your own way. Message me of you ever need to talk

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: this may be annoying to you - March 25th 2014, 07:27 PM

You're not being stupid, silly, annoying or anything else, the way you feel is "normal", well, maybe it's a sign of having an eating disorder which is tough and makes "normal" a hard word choice because I don't want anyones pain to be normalized, but by "normal" I mean that many of us have experienced it and you are not alone and the way you are thinking isn't out of character for people with body image issues... of course it manifests differently for all of us according to our experiences, but you shouldn't have to fight defend it, I think it sucks that people have trying to illegitimate you're legitimate feelings and I am sorry that has happened to you.

There is nothing wrong with you, it's less common for men to have eating disorders, I think 90% to 95% of people with eating disorders are women which is probably why people are having trouble understanding you, people associate eating disorders with insecurity and negativity... And while there are a lot of nuances, using anorexia as an example is like gaining control in a negative way around very negative ideas, bulimia is perceived as a sign of being out of control and regaining control by purging... These are things are are more acceptably visibly in women because people expect women to be in control but it's more ok for women to be vulnerable, whereas men as expected to internalized everything, so I think a lot of people don't expect men to have these challenges.

I was actually reading that men having eating disorders becoming more recognized since binge eating was classified as an eating disorder because men are more likely to have an eating disorder in that form versus being anorexic, so I think eventually people will react better when people are more used to the idea that ED's aren't just a "women's disease".

Even if you don't have a full blown ED, I just want to say "it's ok", there is nothing wrong with how you feel and it's ok for you to recognize how you feel as valid and true -- don't let other perceptions of eating disorders negatively affect your point of views. I believe you and so will many others, and you can start to work through it when you are ready, we will support you

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
maer995 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maria

Re: this may be annoying to you - April 1st 2014, 07:04 PM

thats not stupid or silly it doesnt matter if you are a guy eating disorders unfortunately could affect anyone and particularly people who care about their body like you do. You want to look best at all times and there is nothing wrong with it , what isnt good it the fact that you cant sleep and is obsessed with this.

It is difficult to get out of this kind of obsession because it just kind of comes back to your head but instead of cut on food try with 100 abs or a run, sometimes your body hits a plateau (a level at which it wont build anymore muscles or loose any more weight) this could be what happened to you so try and google it maybe it could help cos I dobt think that cutting on food would help! If someone makes mean comment just remember that at the end of this you will have a better body than any of them Best of luck xxx

Closed Thread