TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Does it every really go away? - May 4th 2014, 01:56 PM

So when I got pregnant I thought this nightmare was over. I thought that my ED would disappear. I have hung pains now and I get sick if I don't eat like every three hours, cause I am carrying another human being. I just though this fight would be over. It's not though, every day every meal the voices just tell me how I shouldn't, but I know i have to. I am so worried that once Karter is born that it will be back to how it was. The war will take over. I don't know what to do.

I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are
LHO|PM|VM
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eljoria Offline
I'mAlwaysHereHelping. (:
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: Does it every really go away? - May 5th 2014, 01:31 PM

Focus on your little one, ignore the thoughts by being busy with everyday such as, plan an activity, meals, evening activities for each day of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc and it'll stop you listening to the thoughts, I have the same thoughts. I constantly fight with my thoughts as I easily get into argument with my sister and my mind is saying chat back but I'm forcing myself not to.

Hope I helped.

Jay

Live the life.
  Send a message via MSN to Eljoria  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Peter Pan Offline
New Memeber
Not a n00b

Name: Peter Pan

Re: Does it every really go away? - May 5th 2014, 06:04 PM

Don't judge yourself before you get a chance to get used to your new baby. It does go away in time, its not easy but it can get better.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Does it every really go away? - May 9th 2014, 04:51 AM

Oh Trish.
I'm sorry you're going through this.

The reason why your eating disorder didn't just go away.. is because that's not how these things work. And I think you know that. Although you have a very good reason to recover and eat, your emotions aren't agreeing. Your disorder isn't letting you. Pregnancy isn't going to fix this. Karter isn't going to make things completely better. He'll be a HUGE help and motivation to keep fighting this, but I think you need to seek therapy. I think you need to work through the driving force of this eating disorder. I also feel like it might be a good idea to go to your doctor and explain this to them and how it relates to your pregnancy, because right now you and that baby are the important ones. They can help you provide nourishment to yourself and your child, and help to keep you both healthy. Not only that, but being pregnant already amplifies your emotions, so I would say talk to people about this. Hold on to some support, for the sake of you, and your little one. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Does it every really go away? - May 11th 2014, 02:15 PM

I'm not much the way of advice, Lynds gave you some good stuff, and best of luck with the pregnancy and stuff, you deserve to be happy <3

Yes, it really does go away. But only after months and months and months of having healthy food and eating habits, as well as challenging negative thoughts and literally providing yourself with evidence to prove them wrong. If that makes sense

But yeah. It does completely and utterly go away, or at least it has for me anyway. Eventually. Just takes a long time of living out recovery, not just thinking about it. You have to learn to completely let go, whilst distracting yourself so entirely you barely have time to even think about things. Hey, maybe the baby will help with that You know how you know right now you gotta eat to look after the little one? The exact same is true after it's born, you can't look after a kid if you're not looking after yourself first- and eating an essential part of that <3

Many hugs, best of luck <3

Take as long as you need.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Does it every really go away? - May 14th 2014, 12:37 PM

I can't really answer in the respects of you being pregnant, but as far as I know and have experienced, those thoughts never really go away, but they lessen and it does become easier with some time and support to be able to push them aside. It's been months since I relapsed with my eating disorder and it's almost solely reliant on the support of others. I still get that feeling and the thoughts that I should go back but now it's a lot easier to push it aside. Just try to get support from the people around you, it should help a lot, and could be extremely helpful right now given everything going on.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Does it every really go away? - May 15th 2014, 07:16 AM

Trish.

I'm so glad Karter is helping inspire you short-term to take care of yourself, but it shouldn't be about Karter, it should be about you. Please consider getting help and seeking therapy either now or after he's born. Health is not defined as being free from illness, but being THRIVING and able to have the best life that you can have. After your first child, you should be ecstatic and excited for the future, not dreading what ED will say. But you have to seek treatment and help, you cannot do it alone. I'm always here if you need, I'm sorry I've been away for so long. <3 Stay strong darling.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
Closed Thread