TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rainbowband111 Offline
Rain-bow
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rainbow

Question Help with about 3 things all tied together. - May 25th 2014, 05:14 PM

I feel weird for telling the situation, but I really need some advice if anyone is willing to give me some. Alright so there's this really close guy friend of mine which I'm in a band with. And now he's helping me through ED and SH problems and teaching me I can trust him and that it's ok, I'm doing the same for him as well except he's already conquered SH and ED. But now I'm feeling a relapse on SH I've been 5 days clean and with my ED I are a meal today unlike I have in 3 weeks. But with this guy he has a GF that he says he loves but he says he really like me and I can tell and his best friend told me he like me alot more than his gf. And now I want him more that the world...and I'm not sure what to do about him. Or SH or my ED. Help please if yo can..thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: Help with about 3 things all tied together. - May 28th 2014, 02:42 AM

If it's alright to ask, why do you self-harm? Is it because things in your life are bothering you, or is it because of simply having urges to self-harm? Sometimes it helps to identify what triggers you. It might be a good idea to write it down in a journal what made you feel like hurting yourself. Then learn how to try to avoid it and then learn healthier coping mechanisms. Having some hobbies and emotional outlets could help a lot. Outlets such as poetry, writing stories, drawing, painting or simply writing your thoughts/feelings in a private journal. It's good to start replacing self-harm with healthier coping mechanisms. Exercising releases endorphins which helps reduce urges. You should click here for the self-harm alternatives list. Some things on there could be really helpful for when you get urges.

As for your ED, what type of ED do you have? I'm not sure of what advice to offer because I'm not sure what ED you have. I suggest speaking with a therapist about your ED, though. It's good that you've been getting support from your friend, some support could help a lot. Have you told your parents? They would probably be beneficial in the support area as well.

I don't think it's a very good idea to progress with your relationship with the guy you like since he has a girlfriend unless they break up. Because he's taken and his girlfriend would probably be pretty upset if she found out that he's been hanging out with another girl that he has a love interest in. Then on another note, if what your friend said is true, it's not fair to his girlfriend that he stay in a relationship with her while liking you more. So it might be a good idea to have a talk with him and truthfully explain how you feel to talk it out and hopefully work things out with him.

Hope I helped a bit. Stay strong and feel free to keep us updated on your situation. Hope things go well! Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
rainbowband111 Offline
Rain-bow
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rainbow

Re: Help with about 3 things all tied together. - May 28th 2014, 02:19 PM

It's alright to ask me anything,but the reason why I self harm is both of the ones you listed together and where I've been ding it so long it's a habit too. And as for the ED it's Bulemia. And as for my guy friend I'm going to sit down and talk to him about out relationship like between friends when I get to see him next which is very soon.

Closed Thread