TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
butterflykiss3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question help me - August 3rd 2014, 09:44 PM

Well I want to become anorexic so bad cuz im really really fat but I need help..... I need someone to push me and help me become anorexic.....so can anybody help me.....?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: help me - August 3rd 2014, 11:38 PM

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling in this way. But honestly, no one here is going to ever encourage you to become anorexic. It is such a dangerous way of living. And even if it wasn't, people can't just wake up and be anorexic. It's a culmination of environmental, social, mental and emotional and physical factors.

I know from personal experience how dangerous it is to live in this state and that it can be very emotionally and physically draining for people who are dealing with it.

If you would like to discuss healthy habits in order to gain and maintain a healthy weight, I would be happy to discuss it with you. This will ultimately be the best choice for your mental, emotional, physical and spiritual well being

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: help me - August 3rd 2014, 11:47 PM

Hey,

Welcome to TeenHelp.

I'm really sorry, but no one here is going to tell you how to/push you to be anorexic. Not only is it a very dangerous way of living, but it's also against the rules to promote such dangerous activity. This site is here to support recovery, through the good and bad, not encourage and promote behaviors and/or disorders.

I'm around if you ever want to talk about these feelings. I've struggled with bulimia, so I understand how it feels to want to relapse back into negative habits. I'll help you through those feelings without encouraging you-- I'll be a friend.

Take care, and stay safe.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount13

Edit avatar

Re: help me - August 4th 2014, 03:03 AM

Hi there.

I'm sorry that you feel this way. To want to become anorexic, you must have a bad self-image which is very hard to cope with. In some ways I can understand why you'd want this. Anorexia is sometimes glamorized in the media, but it can actually be a deadly eating disorder. Honestly, I've never had anorexia so I cannot tell you that I'm experienced with it. However, I've heard other people's stories and I understand it can be an extremely difficult thing to deal with. If you're still wanting to become anorexic, please think it through fully. This isn't something you wanna welcome into your life.

To encourage unhealthy behaviors is against the rules here, so none of us can do that. Nor do we want you to fall into unhealthy behaviors. I know you've come here seeking advice on how to become anorexic so maybe that may frustrate you. So, while we can't do that, is it okay if I give you other advice? Some people develop eating disorders for different reasons, control, self-image and other reasons. Sounds like you're wanting to be anorexic to be skinny to improve your body image. Not eating can be extremely dangerous and it isn't the way to go about this, and people with anorexia aren't necessarily happy with their body either. Sometimes they think if they lose weight they'll be happy, but it ends up the opposite.

Firstly, working on your body image and self image in general could really help your situation. Do you tend to look at magazines and watch TV shows about celebrities? If so, do away with that. It'll just make you feel bad about yourself and set unrealistic standards. The media in general tends to glamorize thinness on unhealthy and unrealistic levels. Focus on good things about yourself - both physically and personality wise. Find things you like about yourself, like your eyes or hair for example and work on accepting your flaws. While doing this, try to go on a healthy diet with exercise. Losing weight in healthy ways will help the weight stay off along with protecting your mental state from an eating disordered state of mind.

Hope I helped. One more thing I thought I'd suggest, how about a therapist to help you work through this to obtain positive body image and work on lessening your desire to be anorexic? You can PM me if you'd like someone to talk to. Stay strong and remember that everyone's perfect in their own imperfections.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Paint Offline
ετεɾṉαl ɾεṡτ
Average Joe

Re: help me - August 4th 2014, 01:22 PM

Hi there. First off, welcome to TeenHelp!!

I'm sorry to hear of your struggle. I am telling you this right off the bat that anorexia is not something you truly want to have. If you feel like you are fat, becoming anorexic is definitely not a healthy balance. Losing weight is a good idea if you feel like your weight is unhealthy, or if you want to do it just for yourself, but when you find that you want to starve yourself so that you can become way underweight, then there's a problem. I suggest if you're having these thoughts to reach out to someone who can help you before anything major starts. I have known people who suffered with anorexia and let me tell you: it can be deadly. I wouldn't want to see that happening to you.

Because I cannot and will not give you advice on how to be anorexic, I thought I could give you some other forms of reaching a healthy weight. I would talk to your doctor and see if you, by text-book definition of healthy weight, really need to lose a few pounds. If your doctor says no, then I would leave it at that because I am sure he/she knows best. However, if it's better to shave off a few pounds, here are a few tips:

Exercising: Now, don't be totally extreme with this but something as small as adding a nice walk to your routine after dinner, or waking up early to go jogging before breakfast. This not only will help you reach an ideal weight, but has so many benefits to both your mental and physical health.

Water: Drinking water is basically the solver of all problems. It'll take care of your skin, it'll help you stay awake and active, and I even heard that staying hydrated can help with depression. Dehydration causes so many nasty side effects - a low mood being one of them. Plus it's great for those who want to keep a healthy weight (so, everyone)!

Don't diet - change your diet: When people want to lose weight, they think dieting or starving themselves is the best way to go. That's not the case. Instead, cutting out a few extra sugary snacks or trips to a fast-food place is a much better idea. Introduce some fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans - a variety of different foods - into your diet. Maybe you could look up some healthy meal ideas. But remember: rewarding yourself is a good thing too! If you feel like you've had a good day of exercising and eating healthy meals, reward yourself with a little junk. It's totally okay!

Those are just some tips on how to healthily reach the weight you'd like. Your negative self-image is only hurting YOU, so I suggest you try to help yourself in that area first. Ways you can do that? Try to practice positive self-talk, look in the mirror and give yourself a compliment every day! It can go a long way.

Sorry I went on a bit of a tangent, but I just wanted to give you some tips in case you are set on losing weight. At the end of the day, remember that you don't need to do anything for anyone else. If you are happy with the way you are, then honestly - what else matters? The only two reasons you should ever lose weight are if your doctor thinks it would be healthy or if you are doing it because of YOU and not want society wants out of you. Society will push you past all kinds of limits, you have to know when enough is enough. Remember how strong of a person you are, and remember that my PM/VM is always open if you feel like you need someone to talk to. Please, if you care even a bit about yourself, don't try to seek answers on how to become anorexic. There are so many better ways to feel good about yourself and I have no doubt that you are capable of finding those ways.

Much love, God bless!

Last edited by Paint; August 4th 2014 at 01:50 PM.

Closed Thread