TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

OUT OF CONTROL - September 28th 2014, 09:25 PM

I am out of control. My eating disorder is taking over and it seems like I can't do anything about it. Granted I haven't purged or restricted in awhile but I can't seem to stop eating. My body image is horrible. Last night I had an anxiety attack because I was hungry after dinner and freaked the hell out. I went off my meal plan I got from treatment for two weeks but I'm going back on it tomorrow but I can't stand myself.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: OUT OF CONTROL - September 29th 2014, 04:01 AM

Hey,

I think that getting back on your meal plan will be helpful. I know that when I first got out of treatment and strayed from my meal plan I had a lot of bad days. It's a really good idea to stay mindful of your meal plan so that you are less likely to experience days like this. It helps you to deal with the bad days and, when you are having bad days you will know that you have your meal plan to stick to which can be beneficial.

Is there anything in particular that might be triggering you? Maybe going off your meal plan was a trigger or something like that? If you can work on identifying your triggers that could be beneficial in helping you work on resolving them and getting to a better place.

As for your body image, the best thing to do is to fake it till you make it. Tell yourself positive things about yourself even if you don't fully believe it and with time you can start to believe it. It can take a lot of time to build a healthier body image but this is something that can be helpful.

If you need anything please feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: OUT OF CONTROL - September 29th 2014, 06:08 PM

I agree with everything .:BreakingBeautifully:. is saying. I, too, think it is a good idea that you get back on track with your meal plan. I know it may be a hard thing to do and all but, it is probably the best thing for you to do right now. Was there anything in particular that may have triggered this to happen to you? Maybe trying to figure out what triggered you may help you in figuring out what you should do as the next step towards recovery.

I have never been treated for my "ED", so I would not know what it is like to be on a meal plan, but maybe you could try talking to your counselor/therapist about your thoughts/feelings on your ED. Tell them how you feel out of control and all with it. Don't be afraid to talk to them about what you are going through. They are here to help you out whenever you need help.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheGuyinCanada Offline
TeenHelp Sponsor

Average Joe

Re: OUT OF CONTROL - September 30th 2014, 02:53 AM

You must br growing . When you arei suggest you hide all of your snacks. Resist the temptation to eat. Or go see your doctor. They will give you good advice. Try to also get back on your plan. It msy be hardbut its worth it.

Closed Thread