TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cheshire-cattsy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sunflower Schultz

Exclamation Help... - December 11th 2014, 04:57 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ok so I'm trying to be healthy again but every time I eat I get nauseous and so I have to throw up and I feel so guilty that I cut if I eat, I can't stop it. I feel so weird like I feel really out of it and I have been getting really bad headaches/migraines. I keep feeling so dizzy and my legs feel extremely weak so I feel it hard to walk. I'm extremely cold for some reason and I can't seem to get warm at all. I can't tell my mom, I can't make her panic and I'm scared something bad is happening...what do I do? I've tried to do positive things but they don't work. I haven't eaten but for a few bites for around three days now, I shouldn't be in a bad state...right?

And if I tell someone now I won't lose weight....I know that if you don't eat you're body holds onto the fat...but not forever right? I feel so proud...so so proud....I'm so scared....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Help... - December 12th 2014, 02:55 PM

Hey,

I know I wrote you a longer answer not long ago, so I'll just mention a few things here and let other people have some input

The coldness will be due to the not eating enough, it's your body just trying to warm up. Your body recirculates blood to your inner organs to keep them warm and it makes your extremities (feet, hands) really cold. Eating will solve that too, honest. 3 days is enough to be doing serious damage to your body, I think it's time you speak to someone about this, because you can't pull yourself out of it, and this situation is getting really, really dangerous. I don't want to scare you, I just really think that this has gone downhill a lot since I last spoke to you. Would you be able to speak to your mom? She'll be able to help, she'll be able to stop you being so scared. You can do this.
Hugs <3

Take as long as you need.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Help... - December 12th 2014, 11:39 PM

I agree with what Laura is saying. Not eating anything will cause this to happen. You need an adequate amount of vitamins and other necessary nutrients and minerals to keep your body functioning at its optimal level. The longer you go without eating, the longer you go without those vital nutrients.

No matter how long you go without eating, you are causing some sort of damage to your body.

I think you really need to speak to someone about this. I know it seems like a scary thing to do, but it will be worthwhile in the end.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cheshire-cattsy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sunflower Schultz

Re: Help... - December 16th 2014, 02:55 AM

I'm scared my mother would panic and she already has too much on her mind, she doesn't need anymore burden. My dad would just make fun of me, just like with my self harm... I've been working really hard to eat, I think I'm getting better...It depends on the day. Thanks you guys for the support it really means a lot!

Closed Thread