TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nickylk Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicky Lk

When I eat bad.. - April 27th 2015, 01:16 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I posted on here the other day that I have been losing a lot of weight and I am overly happy about it. But for the past few months I have gotten lazy and I still crave the bad things, even tho I have patted myself on the back from sticking away from fast food other than Subway, which I eat every day!

But lately when I been eating something I know im not supposed to be such as something fried or some kind of sweets like cake or candy I get the feeling like I want to make myself throw up. I get that feeling because I know I ate something horrible for my body and I want it out..... I know I shouldn't be thinking of it but I have and its scary.

Edgar Allen Poe "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling-my darling-my life and my bride, in the sepulcher there by the sea".
  Send a message via MSN to Nickylk Send a message via Yahoo to Nickylk  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: When I eat bad.. - April 29th 2015, 12:52 AM

Hey,

Feelings like that can be really scary and they're generally an indication something is wrong. The difference between a dieter and someone with an eating disorder is that the dieter will simply write up a mistake as a mistake, whereas someone with an eating disorder or some other problem will think about or get the urge to take drastic measures.

I don't know whether you've given in to this urge and I don't know your situation. While I don't claim to be an expert on diets (the healthy kind ) I will say that it's normal to occasionally "give in" and eat "forbidden" things. Now this is partly due to your mentality: if your mind sees something as bad or forbidden it's a lot more likely to think about and crave that food compared to if it was incorporated into part of your diet. Everything in moderation. It's like the pink elephant- if you're told not to think about it, you will. If you tell yourself you can't eat something, you'll crave it all the more! How about building in a treat day or meal? One meal won't change your weight I promise. And if you find a pattern in your cravings (eg, all carbs, all sweet things) you could work on finding healthy alternatives. Not all carbs or sweet things are "bad" and junk food isn't going to kill you in moderation. Whereas eating it and then throwing it up just might (oesphoguses don't like forced vomiting ).

I know I'm not much good with diet advice but I can see that there's a problem with the way you're thinking. If these thoughts persist, seek help from a doctor and explain to them the problem. You don't want to leave something like this alone as it may get worse and a full blown eating disorder is a very difficult thing to deal with!

Best of luck and I hope you're doing okay.

Laura xox

Take as long as you need.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Theaweseomrguy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Re: When I eat bad.. - April 29th 2015, 01:47 AM

I agree with what Laura said above you don't want to get this into a full blown eating disorder and that eating foods that you consider bad in moderation is okay. Maybe right down a log of what day you will "cheat" ( or eat a bad food) and then you may feel better about it knowing that you are only doing so sometimes but not all the time. Also I think you should see a doctor about this matter even though right now it's just thinking about it that can lead to other things, which are unhealthy and drastic.
Stay strong. If you ever need someone to talk to you can Pm or vm me.

Closed Thread