TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Starving myself. - December 4th 2015, 02:37 AM

Note: Okay so I'm not quite sure if this thread is in the right category but feel free to move it if you need to.
Lately for a few days, have been just randomly starving myself. I haven't eaten since dinner last night and it's about 7:14pm right now, so about a day. Yesterday I waited that long as well to eat something. So the reason it's in the self harm category is because I feel like this is self harm. I do it to feel happy and to feel like I have control of myself because when I'm depressed, I overeat.

Sometimes I feel like I do it to punish myself just like why I used to cut myself. So now I just don't eat when I should. I don't particularly feel fat or anything but I like the feeling of losing weight so I can fit into certain dresses and clothes that I have.

I know it's not healthy to do, but I like the feeling of starving but I almost passed out today. What should I do about this? I know I shouldn't starve for any reason, but I still like to. Any suggestions? I need advice and support please, thanks!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Catlady Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Starving myself. - December 4th 2015, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyennerjohnson11 View Post
Note: Okay so I'm not quite sure if this thread is in the right category but feel free to move it if you need to.
Lately for a few days, have been just randomly starving myself. I haven't eaten since dinner last night and it's about 7:14pm right now, so about a day. Yesterday I waited that long as well to eat something. So the reason it's in the self harm category is because I feel like this is self harm. I do it to feel happy and to feel like I have control of myself because when I'm depressed, I overeat.

Sometimes I feel like I do it to punish myself just like why I used to cut myself. So now I just don't eat when I should. I don't particularly feel fat or anything but I like the feeling of losing weight so I can fit into certain dresses and clothes that I have.

I know it's not healthy to do, but I like the feeling of starving but I almost passed out today. What should I do about this? I know I shouldn't starve for any reason, but I still like to. Any suggestions? I need advice and support please, thanks!
No no no, PLEASE DONT DO THIS! Ughh, this is how eating disorders are started You are beautiful and wonderful do not let anyone tell you differently or your mind tell you differently! You are worth so much more than this. Do not punish yourself, by not eating or in anyway. You are amazing! Please don't do this to yourself. It starts as skipping a few meals here in there, then not eating for a few days, then a week, you get the pattern... My dizziness phase it this first two days then I get used to it and I go a long time without eating, which is terrible!! My body starts to actually shut down, I have SOOO many medical problems because of it. Please do not do this to yourself. I'm sorry I'm all scatter brained just this upsets me, because you need to realize this is not ok.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. ~Oscar Wilde.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: Starving myself. - December 4th 2015, 07:57 AM

I did the same thing. I was (well..am) a dancer so I was constantly staring at myself in the mirror and hating every ounce I ever gained. That kind of behavior did lead me into an eating disorder, bulimia, and I ended up almost choking to death on vomit. It took me THAT to stop. Don't let yourself get into a life threatening situation that you could completely avoid. These types of impulses are generally about wanting control of something in your life, so find something that's yours. A club, a group, art...anything that you really have control of. It will do more for you than any destructive behavior ever will.

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Starving myself. - December 4th 2015, 02:43 PM

sorry to say this but i didn't eat for 3 days and i only drinked water and i lost [edited] and i exercised of course and nothing bad happend

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

Last edited by cynefin; December 4th 2015 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Removing weight numbers.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Starving myself. - December 4th 2015, 08:55 PM

I used to SH pretty badly but I stopped. When I stopped I got into restricting, so i kinda know where you're coming from. Also with the overeating when not feeling well and stuff...
Anyway, as already mentioned, it's not good for you, though you already know that...

Well, about advice... what helps me is sticking to some basic rules. First drink two liters of water a day. Second, eat an apple around noon. Third eat one healty meal a day.
It honestly took me some time, till i convinced myself that sticking to those rules is being in control but I managed by telling myself again and again. It's not the healthiest way of eating, but it's eating and I can tell myself I'm in control, because I stick to the rules.
About feeling faint... well something with lots of sugar, like a sugar cube or coke can help out on short notice with that, though it won't help on the long run. Only eating will. That and drinking enough water.

I hope this helped a bit

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Starving myself. - December 14th 2015, 08:39 AM

Hello Cheyenne

When it comes down to it, the main reason to eat is to energize yourself and get enough nutrients... so I'm just going to suggest that you discover the joys of eating nice food, and getting stuff that makes your taste buds tickle. Eating can be a joy when you discover just how tasty some things can be. Chocolate, and stuffs can be really nice.

And also, i don't think there's really a set standard for beauty or good looks. As long as you're happy being how you are, that's what matters. And that confidence is what makes everything in this world more appealing !

I hope i helped a little

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: Starving myself. - December 19th 2015, 04:51 AM

My friend found out about this yesterday and she's mad at me now.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Starving myself. - December 19th 2015, 05:34 AM

I can see her argument because starving yourself would be bad for you.. it's just better to enjoy being yourself, eat whatever you want and not force yourself to starve or do anything that would be bad for yourself. Your friend has a good point.. and the fact that she's concerned about you makes her a good friend

Take her advice, and not do anything bad for yourself. You are perfect the way you are, and there's no point trying to change yourself. You are beautiful enough, pretty enough and awesome as you are.

It might be best to apologize to that friend so that the both of you can support each other and be happy together Just my opinion, though!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread