TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Despair... Offline
Stay Awesome :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: India

Binge Eating - December 18th 2015, 09:08 PM

The most commonly known eating disorders are Anorexia and Bulimia, but what about those who binge eat uncontrollably? A part of borderline personality disorder is impulsivity, I sometimes cannot stop eating and then I hate myself afterwards. Like right now for instance. I see images of those perfect girls, which I would KILL to be. But instead I feel incredibly chubby, because I am, and I know it's because I eat so much! It's so comforting! I just hate this process so much !

the girl who always seemed unbreakble finally
BROKE
the girl who seemed strong
CRUMBLED
the girl who always laughed
CRIED
the girl who never stopped trying finally
GAVE UP

she let her fake smile fade and as she did a tear rolled down her cheek and she whispered

' i can't do this anymore'

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Catlady Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Binge Eating - December 19th 2015, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despair... View Post
The most commonly known eating disorders are Anorexia and Bulimia, but what about those who binge eat uncontrollably? A part of borderline personality disorder is impulsivity, I sometimes cannot stop eating and then I hate myself afterwards. Like right now for instance. I see images of those perfect girls, which I would KILL to be. But instead I feel incredibly chubby, because I am, and I know it's because I eat so much! It's so comforting! I just hate this process so much !
Let me try and help ha Atleast for be a big part of bulimia is binge eating. (I haven't been diagnosed with anything just I don't everything a person with an eating disorder does. So I consider myself to have one.) I tend to either binge and purge or starve and purge ha.... Get the system? So, I believe that it could be a form of bulimia. For the fact you binge, and it makes you feel insecure. Any unhealthy eating habits are an ED. No matter how high on the spectrum they are. Am I making any sense? Ha Try and love yourself for who YOU are. Don't look at those pictures of "prefect girls". I know it's hard. I love my little sister to death. She is the perfect image of what a 14 year old should be. A gazillion friends, skinny!, star volleyball player. Soooo jealous of her. And we're only a year apart... So I am CONSTANTLY judging myself to her. But you know, it's taken me this long to realize I may not look perfect on the outside and I have a crappy mind. But my heart sure as hell, is freaking good! I care about everyone and love everyone and would do anything for people I care about. So, what I'm getting at is no one is perfect! There's always something someone doesn't have. You can have the looks and whatever. But do you have the heart? So if you feel like you aren't that "prefect" image. You heart sure is perfect! I know that. You have proven that to me. You ask me how my day was and talk to me like we're best friends! However, your still freaking gorgeous! So please don't hate yourself after you binge. Just try to control it like everything else. If you mess up, then hey! Tomorrow is a brand new day! YOU GOT THIS! You will continue to get better. You are amazing! And IM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR ALL OF THE PROGRESS YOU HAVE MADE! Once again, I hope this helped. Also! Anytime message me. Stay strong girlie! <3

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. ~Oscar Wilde.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Binge Eating - December 29th 2015, 09:16 PM

Hi India.

Thanks for reaching out to us here, I know talking abut these things can be hard but you've done really well in doing so. Be proud of yourself.

I struggle with binging and I act impulsively because of my BPD so I can relate although never understand, to what you're going through. You say you find it comforting so my best advice I can think of is for you to find other things that you find comforting, for example I find getting into bed with a hot drink and a good film comforting or wrapping up in my baby blanket from when I was young or cuddling my cats. Could you try to find something else comforting like this?

Also you need to find a way to deal with this impulsivity. Because if you don't it will end up destroying you in one way or another and I'd hate to see that happen to such a lovely person like you. Do you have anyone to talk too about all of this? Maybe having someone to talk to and support you through this would help you and kits something I want to encourage you to do.

I hope this helps a little. Hang on in there.
Hopes and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread