TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Charlai Offline
Not a n00b

Unhappy Do I actually have a problem? - March 9th 2016, 01:38 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

There was a time I got super drunk and high and threw up and i liked the feeling. So some time after that I drank some alco and induced vomiting, I liked the feeling.... I felt so empty and less disgusted with myself. And then I would hang out with my friends on weekends, smoking weed and shit and when the munchies hit I'd eat so much and then hate myself so I would induce and I felt great. I think i have it under control uk like only on a weekend but then i would have lunch and my body would feel weird and then I'd HAVE to induce to feel better (only a few days tho) but then any time i go out.... legit anytime and i eat I HAVE to do it, even if I go to bed.... I'd wake up just to do it. Do i have an actual problem? It feels so good tho

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Do I actually have a problem? - March 9th 2016, 09:48 PM

Hey,
I am so sorry you are dealing with this. We cannot diagnose you with an eating disorder as we are not medical professionals. But I know how this feels I have bulimia and I can tell you I feel the same way as you have with purging. I feel like you are starting to create a problem for yourself. You say you have it under control but what you describing says other wise. I would advice you to talk to your therapist if you have one and if you don't get one and tell them about this so you can kick it in the butt before it because a serious problem.

And if you ever need to talk my PM/VM is always open.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Do I actually have a problem? - March 12th 2016, 11:42 AM

Hey there.

Thanks for reaching out to us at Teenhelp. I know being honest can be scary but I think it's great you've come or us for some support.

I can't diagnose you with an eating disorder because we're not medically trained here however we can talk from experience. I have bulimia and ednos, and I think you might be going through bulimia. The urges you get to purge must be really difficult but you need to try your best to fight it. I've had medical complications due to purging and I'd hate to see you go through the same? Do you have any support in place? If not it might be worth talking to your doctor about all of this. I know that might be hard and scary but you deserve to get help with what ever is going on and I think they may be able to support you or at least point you in the right direction.

When you have urges to purge have you trie distracting yourself instead? That might also be a good idea and remind yourself food is a right and not a privaledge and it's okay for you to eat and not purge afterwards. Just keep battling through but don't be alone. We're all here rooting for you and we're here whenever you need some help or support.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread