TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stagger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I have a hard time eating. . . ? - June 1st 2016, 03:16 AM

Hey guys.

I don't have an eating disorder, never been diagnosed with one, but for the past couple of months I don't each much at all. It's odd but food does not appeal to me. I do not crave it. I look at a slice of pizza, something I would want in the past, and feel a little grossed out by the thought of eating it. When I do eat, I chew very slowly and struggle to finish even light meals.

Does anyone have an idea of what this could be? Maybe I'm in the wrong section and if so I apologize but I'm a little concerned. I have been diagnosed with clinical depression and social anxiety disorder but I'm not sure either could cause this feeling I have towards food.

Thanks!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I have a hard time eating. . . ? - June 1st 2016, 11:32 AM

Hey

Thanks for coming to us here for some help.

For me, personally, it could be a few things. Maybe you are developing an eating disorder or maybe your anxiety is causing this. I can not diagnose you as I am not medically trained however if you want to talk to us about it more then please feel free to do so. In the meantime I would keep a close eye on your eating and if you have any further concerns, I advise you to see your GP/Doctor about it all.

I hope things are okay,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LANIKA Offline
blue steel
Not a n00b

Name: Lanika

Re: I have a hard time eating. . . ? - June 3rd 2016, 08:45 PM

If you've been under-eating for a long period of time ( which it sounds like you have been ) it is possible that your hunger cues aren't working properly. I would suggest trying to eat more than you have been lately - Up your intake your a few days and see if you start feeling hungry again/"craving food" again. Maybe add in some nutritional shakes if you can. But I would definitely suggest seeing a doctor.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I have a hard time eating. . . ? - June 3rd 2016, 09:47 PM

I can't diagnose you but anxiety and depression can mess up a persons eating by either causing the person to overeat or to under eat. I know when my dad is anxious or depressed he loses his appetite.

It might be worth talking to a doctor about all of this and get their opinion. If you have a therapist or psychiatrist they would probably be the best person to go to initially.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread