TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LeRiA Offline
Insomniac
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: LeRiA

Unhappy Gonna Relapse ;- - June 18th 2016, 08:25 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, before my 11th birthday, approximately 5 months before, I completely cut out food. I don't have a clue how I did it, seeing how I usually love salads and pastas, but I did. I admit, I was on the chubby side then but is it my fault? I was put on steroids when I was little and they made me pile on the pounds like the snap of a finger. Now, I seem to have lost most of the weight but I am still considered obese. Anyway, before my birthday, I was watching people's anorexia stories on YouTube, thinking that the skeletons on there were beautiful and that they were fat when they recovered. Worse still, I was and still am using the videos for inspiration. I am aware that my mind is completely screwed up. So, after about 4 months of barely eating, I noticed changes in my thighs, the part of me that I was conscious of the most. I'd gone thin. i was so happy that you would not believe but then my birthday came and I snapped back into reality. Cake slice after cake slice and the weight piled on again. The doctors at school measured everyone's height and weight. I came back obese, but unlike the other children, the nurse said that I looked fine and that she wasn't going to put me on the healthy eating course. I wish she did. I really wish she did. I don't see why everyone calls me skinny. My friends, my family... I don't see why. Whenever I look in the mirror, there's a loud voice that clings to me that tells me to stop eating and "look at yourself, you're morbidly obese." There's another voice that says "who cares if you're fat, eat eat, eat, eat." I'm swaying more to the stop eating side because all I see is fat. My friends see healthiness. My family sees healthiness. Bmi calculators see healthiness. The nurses see healthiness. Are they messed up, or am I delusional? I think I need help but I'm not sure.

I'm not a cutter, I'm a fighter.
These are my scars from battle.
This is the blood of my enemies.
Don't relate me to them, because unlike them,
I'm strong,
and they can be just like me if they try.

Closed Thread