TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Dizziness. Now? Really? im recovering not suffering. - July 29th 2016, 03:09 AM

Ive been eating better lately and a lot healthier than i used to (more food i guess). anyway i decided to start recovering at the beginning of the week and so i started doing four hrs of fitness a day (one 4am, 2hr wkout and one 12pm 2hr wkout).
this evening i got really dizzy, just like it feels before i pass out. i couldnt walk in a straight line and was leaning on the wall so i wouldnt fall over.

does anyone have ideas as to why i felt like that even when im recovering? i didnt have an appetite for dinner bc i ate earlier.
but im so confused. that used to only happen when i was in cross country/ omg, i think i figured it out. it could be the exercise that does it to me.
input please?

Last edited by DeletedAccount2; July 29th 2016 at 01:59 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Dizziness. Now? Really? im recovering not suffering. - July 29th 2016, 01:03 PM

Hey, I agree with your though that it's the exercise.
Four hours is way to much if you ask me. If you're in recovery and really want to do exercise start small. Maybe with half an hour and then raise it slowly.
How long you should exercise depends on what your doing exactly and stuff, but I think more than one hour and a half is a bit to much.

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Dizziness. Now? Really? im recovering not suffering. - July 30th 2016, 07:20 PM

Lowering the amount of exercise you are doing would help, as four hours a day is not healthy. You should be taking rest days throughout the week to give your body a break. It's important to make sure you're eating and drinking enough to fuel your body's basic functions to live and also for the amount of exercise you are doing, since not having enough food/fluids can lower your blood pressure as well. Your mind's perception can easily be distorted by your eating disorder, so what you think might be a healthy amount might still not be enough. Including foods from every food group is also important, since they all have a purpose in the body even if they seem unhealthy to you.

You're doing four times as much exercise any adolescent should do daily, so I agree with you that it could be causing the dizziness. You should also be cleared by a doctor to exercise right now anyway. An eating disorder wreaks havoc on the body's organs and how well they can function. Exercise can make things worse, even during recovery. So usually doctors (knowledgeable about eating disorders) recommend people to take a break from exercising for so long to let their body recover from all the damage caused. For instance, after I left treatment for an eating disorder I couldn't exercise for six months for it to be considered healthy.

I'm not sure if you're seeing a psychiatrist, therapist, nutritionist, and pediatrician right now, but I'd highly recommend it. Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any other mental illness and I've lost many friends due to theirs. Having professional support could really help you recover and feel better like you deserve. You should really be proud of yourself for making an effort to not act on symptoms and recover.

Best of luck.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dominant Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Dom

Re: Dizziness. Now? Really? im recovering not suffering. - July 31st 2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflykisses3000 View Post
Ive been eating better lately and a lot healthier than i used to (more food i guess). anyway i decided to start recovering at the beginning of the week and so i started doing four hrs of fitness a day (one 4am, 2hr wkout and one 12pm 2hr wkout).
this evening i got really dizzy, just like it feels before i pass out. i couldnt walk in a straight line and was leaning on the wall so i wouldnt fall over.

does anyone have ideas as to why i felt like that even when im recovering? i didnt have an appetite for dinner bc i ate earlier.
but im so confused. that used to only happen when i was in cross country/ omg, i think i figured it out. it could be the exercise that does it to me.
input please?
I'm not doctor but I see a few red flags

1. Excessive exercise
2. Low calorie intake

=low blood sugar and dizzyness

Also you're not getting enough sleep if your'e waking up at 4am to work out.

Ask your doctor what's your optimal caloric intake and exercise limit. Stay hydrated too

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: Dizziness. Now? Really? im recovering not suffering. - July 31st 2016, 01:37 PM

thanks. btw i get 7.5 hrs of sleep since i go to bed at 8:30 and then take an hr nap aeter my second workout of the day.

Closed Thread