TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Unhappy Doctors advised me I should gain weight but I'm sceard - September 12th 2016, 09:02 AM

Hi everyone I'm trying to gain weight because I wasn't eating properly at my old job I constantly skipped meals which isn't a good thing due to the high Ievel of stress I obviously want to put on weight to be healthy cause I know people who are underweight generally have a chance of bone problems and various things which I don't want I want to be a healthy human at a nice weight also I want to look like I have a little meat on me

What concerns me is
I always get dizzy when standing up do you think this could be linked to being cornicly under weight? I have had blood tests and I get my results back tomorrow morning I'm going to speak to my doctor cause all I want is to be healthy that's all I ask I feel so hungry all the time as well I find that food is constantly on the brain even when I'm not hungry which is frustrating
how do I go about doing this healthy? I regularly exercise to stay fit and stuff buy the thing is do I just eat a little over my body's calorie limit? If a doctor's said it would benefit you to gain weight how do you go about achieveing it? Will being under weight hurt me? It's a really scary situation and in really sceard.

Thank you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Doctors advised me I should gain weight but I'm sceard - September 12th 2016, 12:54 PM

I think the best answer you can get is from your doctor. Ask him what you can do to gain weight, since he thinks that's a good idea.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Doctors advised me I should gain weight but I'm sceard - September 12th 2016, 04:59 PM

Hi Justin,

Like Keena said the best Idea is to talk to your doctor about what you can eat. Another person you can go to is a dietician. About 4 years ago I was struggling badly with an eating disorder. When I was trying to recover from it I went to see a dietician and they helped me find foods to eat. What I ate were nuts, dried fruit, pasta, fish, meat, and smoothies. You should try some of those and see if they help. You could also try meal replacement shakes.

I hope this helps. My inbox is always open. Stay strong.
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

Last edited by .Brittany.; September 12th 2016 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Doctors advised me I should gain weight but I'm sceard - September 12th 2016, 09:36 PM

Ask your doctor. If they advised you to gain weight, they will advise you how. I've said this in probably 3-4 threads of yours, but the #1 thing is you need to up your calories and eat more. You complain frequently about being hungry and constantly thinking about food even if you "shouldn't." What your doctor is saying, along with your body, is that you should be hungry because you need to eat. Your body knows better than your mind sometimes.

Have you sought therapy about this? You seem to be very preoccupied with food, and it might be good to seek psychiatric help along with just medical help.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Staff On Leave

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: Doctors advised me I should gain weight but I'm sceard - September 12th 2016, 09:45 PM

I agree with everyone who says that you need to consult your doctor, because he'll know best and will be able to help you whip up a potential meal plan (or you could see a dietician for this).

I know it seems scary, but I find that the rule of thumb is that if you're constantly thinking about food, you're probably hungry and it's your body telling you that you need more food. As long as you eat in moderation, it'll be fine!
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DomoKay Offline
Fire behind her eyes
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kelsey

Re: Doctors advised me I should gain weight but I'm sceard - September 15th 2016, 01:05 AM

I would specifically tell your doctor about the dizziness with standing up and such and see if that is related to blood pressure.

we've escaped our capture

Laugh loudly, sing like no one's listening, dance like no one's watching, stay in the moment, get that adrenaline pumpin', deep breaths, be easy on yourself <3 PM me

Closed Thread