TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Recovery is up the road but right now, I'm falling backwards. - September 16th 2016, 02:42 AM

Hey beautiful people. I haven't been on TH for awhile but I'm back on. Here's what is goin on: a few weeks ago, I almost tried to kill myself. I was put in a situation where I pretty much had no choice but to tell my mom what I was going through. So now, after a long time of trying to get better, I'm finally gonna be getting professional help (counselor so far then hopefully get more into therepy or something that will help me better).

My exercise is still excessive and my restrictions are way more severe. I now only have a very limited amount of food choices and now I am always in the situation of, "well my pantry is full but what am I going to eat today?" Since I know I shouldn't starve completely.

Yesterday at my soccer game, I passed out and then my coach was on me about eating more. But I just couldn't manage that with all these heavy restrictions. My concept of what "enough" really is is distorted bc I thought I was eating enough. Then today our school physical therapist came out to the field and talked to all of us about health since apparently a lot of teen girls at my school are skipping meals every day. Then we got to talking and my coach said "well we don't need people getting dizzy at games" directed at me and I kinda laughed. And I said "oh I wonder why?" In Sarcasm. But he then just blamed it on something else and it was funny. But anyway, I just don't know what to do.

Im waiting for my dad to come home with an animal (he's gone hunting right now) so I can eat organic meat. But the processed junk we have right now is not an option. And I'm not gonna start with professional help until soccer season is over bc I don't wanna miss school or practice for it. So now I'm stuck and really depressed. I don't wanna pass out but I also can't eat processed junk that's gonna make me fat. I feel really sick to my stomach about this.

What should I do folks? Do u have suggestions?

Edit: I don't mean to each impatient but seriously, does anyone have advice for me? I'm thinking of starving myself again but I guess no one I gonna stop me. So....

Guess no one cares

Last edited by DeletedAccount2; September 18th 2016 at 10:25 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Brooke
Not a n00b

Name: Brooke

Re: Recovery is up the road but right now, I'm falling backwards. - September 22nd 2016, 05:54 PM

best thing to try do is keep yourself distracted so you cant wrap yourself tightin a blanket maybe and read a book, see if your parents need help around the house, and if you dont want to eat processed maybe just try some veggies, or eggs, because you are right our body does need food and so does our minds and i know my sister useto say when she was too skinny or not eating enough it would really mess with her head and she wouldnt be able to concentrate or have complete rational thinking, and maybe listen to music why your trying to eat so your not overthinking or focusing on the food so much, you can do this and it defs should get easier once you can see a councellor, if you want healthy unprocessed recipes let me know or although i dont encourage it any food is better then none and if you look at paleo recipes you might something you can do with veggies or something that will interest you and is unprocessed, take care

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: Recovery is up the road but right now, I'm falling backwards. - September 22nd 2016, 07:25 PM

Thank you Brooke.

Closed Thread