TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TenementFunster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I have to write about it - September 10th 2017, 05:49 AM

So in my English class, I have to do this senior portfolio that will include a metaphorical run down of my time in high school. After seeing examples, it's clear it will have to be covered. I don't talk about it to the point where only one of my teacher knows the reason for my absence. I only told them because of how I felt about them. I honestly have to desire to mention it to my English teacher or anyone else who may see the portfolio

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: I have to write about it - September 10th 2017, 12:54 PM

Maybe you can just put a mark for secret in its place, since its metaphorical and stuff.
In the art class of a friend they once had to paint their biggest secret and there was a girl who didn't want to reveal it so she simply painted a book with seven seals (not sure about other places but here it is kind of a sign for a big secret that shall not be revealed).
Maybe you can do something like that in it's place. Write something that states that you were absent but it will forever be a secret why that was.

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I have to write about it - September 10th 2017, 02:19 PM

You really don't have to include it if you don't want. You could either leave out that whole entire time period or you could make up something about why you were absent. Since it is metaphorical you could also allude to it in a way that would leave someone thinking that you were sick but not letting them know what you were sick with.

When I was in high school I had to do things like this and I left things pertaining to my mental health out. Also, a couple years ago I had to interview someone about their life and then give a speech. I interviewed my dad and he gave me a run down of his life but left a lot of the more personal things out. Leaving them out did change his story a bit but no one really knew that except him and I.

Include what you feel comfortable with and leave out what you aren't.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread