TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sage

Points: 5,116, Level: 10 Points: 5,116, Level: 10 Points: 5,116, Level: 10

I want an eating disorder..? - November 4th 2017, 10:23 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I know this is absolutely disgusting but I can't help it. I feel for the longest time I've wanted an eating disorder.. maybe? I know how bad it is but I can't bring myself to eat and its working on losing weight. I don't know what to do..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount27

Edit avatar

Re: I want an eating disorder..? - November 4th 2017, 02:17 PM

I know how you feel, I used to want one too until I actually started developing one. Trust me, it's not something you want. Starving yourself is only going to slow your metabolism and make you gain weight anyway but if you do it enough, you will lose weight and get extremely sick. I mean, you could seriously die from this. My mom knows someone who died from anorexia which is why she was so worried about me when I started going down that path. You're very likely to end up in hospital because of this, one of my friends did and it hurts so much to see her obsessing over her weight when she's a mere edited at 17 years old.

If you want to lose weight, you need to eat healthy and exercise regularly. Note, that's regularly not excessively. You only need exercise 30 minutes per day maximum, three to five times per week. Eat when you're hungry, don't starve yourself but try not to eat just because you're bored or to overeat. In my experience, it's okay to treat yourself every now and again (I've done it and lost weight) but don't make a habit out of it. Eat more protein too, that's always good. But make sure your weight loss goal is healthy. Being underweight is more detrimental than being overweight, IMO. I'd rather be a little chubby than fighting for my life. And please, please stay away from pro-ana/pro-mia sites. I got trapped into their forums a while ago and they're awful people. They will feed you lies and constantly attack your self-esteem, trying to normalize diseases with cutesy names, telling you anorexia and bulimia are your "friends." But they're wrong. If you're dedicated to your diet and exercise, you will lose weight but it takes time. If you're already underweight, you need to stop and talk to someone (i.e. a counselor or parent). Breaking out of the cycle will be almost impossible on your own. I've tried it but I'm always overwhelmed by negative thoughts. You need someone supportive on your side.

Last edited by Ennui.; November 5th 2017 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Please do not include weight numbers.
Closed Thread