TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Your Local Weirdo
Not a n00b

Name: Kitty

Points: 7,565, Level: 12 Points: 7,565, Level: 12 Points: 7,565, Level: 12

Question Im Not Sure If This Is An Eating Disorder - November 29th 2017, 11:36 AM

So I dont know if this is an eating disorder or not, But I don't eat.. Now when I say I don't eat I mean I Don't Eat I Don't Eat Breakfest or Lunch Everyday. Its Not like I have a motive to Not eat, I don't have any motive to eat. I'm Just Not Hungry Anymore, I Don't have any feelings of hunger anymore. But The Only thing i eat is dinner. I have to eat dinner to not rise any suspicious of course, When I was eating last night because I had to so none of my parents would think anything was wrong, I felt sick, As I was eating Even my favorite food with steak! Steak!! I love steak!!, but anyways as i was eating i felt sick to my stomach, I don't purge or eat then purge because i had the feeling of vomit i cant stand vomiting because once i had a traumatic event with vomiting ( I ate so much once, I could not stop vomiting and i vomited for about 2 hours ) So I just keep the food in my system, I felt sick as i was eating, I felt sick of eating, Maybe its because now Im really sad and depressed im sure and i read that depression can change eating habits, i dont know anymore, But all i know right now is that, Im skipping eating meals except on weeknds and dinner thats when i eat because I dont want to rise up any suspiciouns

Do you know how hard it is to write on a flip phone, huh?- Kim Seokjin
-------------------------------------------------------You call that ass you're own we call that silicone, silly girls, with silly boys- Melanie Martinez ( Sippy Cup )

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Im Not Sure If This Is An Eating Disorder - November 30th 2017, 05:41 PM

Depression can definitely cause a lack of appetite and it can be hard to distinguish this from an eating disorder. Either way, you don't feel hungry, don't have any motivation to eat aside from eating dinner to keep your parents suspicions at bay.

It sounds like this is affecting your life quite a bit, so I'm wondering if you have anyone you can talk to about it, maybe a doctor or counsellor? What about your parents- why do you feel you have to hide how you feel from them? It can be scary opening up to others, but you could do with some support and you don't have to go through this alone!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
Closed Thread