TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

need to regain control of my life now - October 8th 2018, 01:16 PM

I am fucking sick of this everyday I am not underweight I am a normal weight. I am sick of this eating disorder I want to be like my friends and eat normally and not even think about it! I fucking hate this illness.

I really want to start going to the gym and live this whole new healthy life style eat healthy workout and live a normal life. I am scared to go to the gym in case people make fun of me. I am just some little skinny guy what happens is people make fun of me. The gym knows me because I use to be the guy who would run on the treadmill for like 2 hours to burn what I have eaten at the heart of my disorder.

I know fuck all about weight lifting and how to maintain a healthy diet and build muscle. People say to me go and speak to a dietician where the hell am I supposed to find one of those? Will the people who work at the gym show me how to use all the equipment?

I am scared but I know how big this would be for me please help me someone.

Last edited by _Headphones_; October 9th 2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Adding the Non-PG13 prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: need to regain control of my life now - October 9th 2018, 06:49 PM

Hey,
Eating Disorders as you probably know are not all about your weight or food. They are about so much more. I know it is really hard to get over them and usually you need some type of support and help.

There is no probably with you wanting to go to the gym, as long as you do not over do it. If you start over doing it I would recommened you stop going.

As for being afraid to go to the gym because you are skinny. A lot of people who go to the gym are skinny. I have the opposite problem I am afraid to go because I am over weight and most of the people that go to my gym aren't. I don't think anyone is going to make fun of you, if they do I would just ignore it and focus on you.

Usually in order for the staff to show you how to use the equipment you have to schedule a personal trainer for a half hour or hour. In that session they will show you want the machines all do and will most likely tell you which ones will be good for what you are wanting to do. AT least that is how it is in the US. I am not sure about the UK.

As for finding and going to a nutritionist I would ask your doctor if they can refer you to one. I also would recommend seeing a therapist that specializes in EDS, so you can get the help you need and usually when you do that they have you see a nutritionist as well. Again this is in the US, and I'm not sure how it works in the UK.

I hope this has helped, If you ever need to talk I am just a PM/VM away.
Your Friend,
Frankie<3

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

Closed Thread