TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Exclamation Is this serious? - May 27th 2019, 11:07 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[SIZE="a"]Hello,

I've basically had horrible body image since i was a child.
About last year I started to eat less... which has progressed into me fasting as much as I can.
Although someday I'm completely fine with eating a bunch, although after the fact I feel like trash and try to make up by not eating the next day.

Im by no means underweight, since I was very overweight to begin with.

This all started after I fell upon "Thinspo" on [edit] then a "Meanspo" on [edit] that really affected me.[/size]

Last edited by _Headphones_; May 28th 2019 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Editing out where they found the thinspo and meanspo

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Butterfly. Offline
spread my wings and fly
Not a n00b

Name: Jen

Re: Is this serious? - May 27th 2019, 11:27 PM

Nope, that site/app? That is a whole load of doo-doo. Rule #1, never listen to weight loss stories, fads, or those commercials saying lose A pounds in B days, where A is very close to B. Those inflict dangerous thinking and not only is unhealthy to the general population, but harm those with an eating disorder of any kind.

You say you are overweight, there is two definition of overweight. To me, a little "fat" in the healthy sense is visually appealing. Because to me, I see you are not necessarily sexy—I hate that word—but healthy. Then there is "obese" which is dangerous in the sense that it can lead to health issues later in life.

BUT BUT BUT. Here's the thing. Leave it up to the doctors to say that you will have such-and-such health issues. Don't listen to media, don't listen to family and friends even if they have good intentions. Always, and only, listen to medical professionals.

If people start yammering on about "healthy choices" like they do to me, that'll only perpetuate the eating disorder. Ignore it. If you feel comfortable in your body, if your clothes look right to you, whatever. Then you have your answer.

Articles Writer.

Last edited by Butterfly.; May 29th 2019 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Censoring.