TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ali Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ali

Unhappy this scares me :( - January 15th 2009, 02:24 AM

argh...

I've hardly eaten all day... I just can't...
I was feeling so sick so I had a little bit to eat like half an hour ago but now I feel even worse
I felt so sick I just tried to make myself throw up (i haven't done this before) I couldn't do it though... but it scared me... I think I'm getting worse but I just don't know what to do.

help anyone?
  Send a message via MSN to Ali  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
guv11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: this scares me :( - January 15th 2009, 02:55 AM

hey,
have you talked to anybody about this, maybe a counselour or close family member or friend?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ali Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: this scares me :( - January 15th 2009, 02:59 AM

I've only told two of my friends...
I can't tell anyone in my family because they wouldn't understand... I no my mum won't... she wants me to lose weight... she's making me worse D=
and i don't like the idea of going to see a counselor... I've been to see the school one before about other problems and I just didn't feel right talking to them...

I'm just having a bit of a moment right now and the two people who know about this are busy atm so I can't talk to them D=
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
beckie Offline
*Snap back to reality<3 *
Not a n00b

Name: Beckie

Re: this scares me :( - January 15th 2009, 06:54 AM

Hi there Ali, I'm sorry things are so diffucult for you at the moment. It is really important that you talk to someone properly about how you're feeling and you did to your friends so well done because that must have been so difficult.
I'm sure your mum would understand, she'd be better off knowing that find out another way wouldn't she? Your mum cares about you and she needs to know how you're feeling so something can be done about it.
Is there anything that has made you feel the way you do at the moment? Anything that's made you feel paticularly down making you feel like you can't eat?
It's important that you do something about this sooner rather than later because otherwise it'll be harder in the long run. You don't deserve to have to struggle with this on your own so I really hope that you are able to speak to someone about this properly.
You're not alone with feeling how you do, and there's always someone here to support you, take care .

The prettiest things can come out of the coldest night.

At one point, all you ever did...
was everything you ever wanted.

Snap back to reality. <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: this scares me :( - January 15th 2009, 01:26 PM

Ali,

I'm so sorry to hear things are going rough for you, right now. Remember that things will start to feel better, soon. I think the best way to speed that process up is to talk to someone about how you're feeling. I know that talking to a professional seems really scary--I know because I've been there. But sometimes we have to accept the fact that we need a little bit of help, and find the courage to ask for it. I know you have that courage, even if you're scared.

I also know that you know that not eating isn't good for you. If you didn't, I don't think you'd have posted here. It's good that you know this--now you have to work on believing it. Knowing and believing don't always go hand in hand, so it's important to work towards understanding and believe that you are worth better.

It's good, believe it or not, that purging scares you. There are so many health risks that accompany both restricting (not eating), and purging (throwing up.)

It's really good that you've told some friends, but I really, really hope you'll consider telling someone else. Sometimes, no matter how much they love us, we need more than our friends can give to us. Maybe if you can't tell your mom, you could tell your favorite teacher, a guidance counselor, or the school nurse that you think you have an unhealthy relationship with food.

Let me know if you need to talk, now or ever. Remember that you deserve the best life can give to you.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ali Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: this scares me :( - January 15th 2009, 07:38 PM

I was thinking about maybe going to see the school counselor again... even though i don't really like her...
only problem is
it's summer holidays... and i don't go back to school for about another month...

i really can't tell my mum... just this morning she said i was looking thinner and she was so proud...

I've had a lot of problems last year at school... with bullying and some other stuff i don't really wanna talk about... i dunno... maybe that's got something to do with it... but I've been thinking this way for years... on and off with not eating...
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Staceyanne Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Re: this scares me :( - February 3rd 2009, 05:08 PM

Awww, I'm sorry to hear your not doing too god Ali. (Or was) How're you now? And I know about parents pressuring you to lose weight... Just do whats best for you, and it's good that you have told few friends, as Jessie said, you can tell a counelor or a teacher, if you feel more comfortable with them. PM me if you need any help.
xxx
  Send a message via AIM to Staceyanne Send a message via MSN to Staceyanne  
Closed Thread