TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

help? pls - October 20th 2020, 05:43 PM

[SIZE="a"]I don't know if there is something wrong with me. if there is, I need to fix it because it gets in the way of everything and I can't deal with this anymore.

Basically I can't stop thinking about food.
No matter what I'm doing, the idea of food always pops up in my head.
and it gets me so annoyed because I don't want to eat but I still end up eating and I hate it. I literally can't stop.

And after I have stop myself I can't stop thinking over the fact that I ate so much and I keep feeling guilty, wanting to cry because I feel like I'm crazy, I know its too much for me and I don't want to gain weight.

I can't even put everything into words because it gets overwhelming.

p.s. sorry for wasting your time if this is stupid[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I can't get enough

Name: Emma

Re: help? pls - October 21st 2020, 12:14 AM

Hello and thank you so much for telling us about what you have been going through and I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this right now and hope that you will be okay soon. You can always ask for help for anything that you are going through or if someone else that you know is going through something and needs help. Also nothing you say or anyone else saying something on this is not stupid. Teenhelp is always happy to help you out with what you are going through and everyone else.

You we're talking about how you are having a hard time with food, would you be able to try talking with someone about this. I know that some people are going to school everyday and if you are then would you be able to try talking with the school counselors and letting them know about this. The school counselors know about everything that we are going through and they are so nice to talk to, they would be able to help you out with this and if you ever wanted to tell your parents about this they would be able to help you to talk to them too. If you are doing your school on the computer then maybe see if you can try talking to your teachers about this or try writing a letter to your parents or siblings and put it somewhere in your house for them to find and ask if you can talk about it together.

When you are thinking about food, try to get your mind off of this for a while. For example, going for a walk around your house or reading for a while or drawing or painting or calling a friend or putting on a funny movie or TV show or listening to music or something else that you enjoy doing. I hope that you will be okay soon. Hugs

Senior HelpLINK Mentor, Forum Moderator, Article Writer and Resource Editor. PM/VM

“Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing.
It’s the rhythm of your life.
It’s the expression in time and movement,
in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Re: help? pls - October 21st 2020, 03:00 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

I get that this can be very disturbing and annoying, but the way things work, sometimes the more we focus on something, the more difficult it might be to get it off our minds. While you are concerned about this, the best way to divert your attention from this (i.e. being conscious about wanting to eat), might be to train your mind not to think about this. Think of activities that take up more of your attention (e.g. school work, project work, etc.) and spend your time on those. If your mind space is occupied by those, it's not going to have time to think of food, and slowly, you might find that you're thinking less and less about this.

A positive attitude also goes a long way - so be positive that this is a passing cloud and that eventually, you'll overcome this!