TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Something wrong with me. - November 26th 2020, 05:20 PM

[SIZE="a"]I don't eat a lot and I now make myself throw up. Hate myself. Sorry.[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
startangle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Something wrong with me. - November 27th 2020, 06:26 AM

If you are not pregnant, maybe you have bulimia?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Something wrong with me. - November 29th 2020, 09:27 PM

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! There are a lot of things that can contribute to decreased appetite. Those might include stress, depression, illness, etc. However, the act of making oneself throw up is considered eating disorder behavior. How long have you been making yourself throw up? Is this something that started recently and increasing in frequency? Can you identify what triggered it? Identifying the trigger is a great first step. It's important to note why you feel the urge to do this so that you can combat those urges.

Is there anyone you can talk to about this? A friend, an aunt, parents, counselor, etc? I understand that talking about these types of things can be difficult, but it can be very beneficial. This isn't something should have to go through alone. I understand what you're going through. For me, it felt like a never ending cycle of disordered eating and hatred towards myself. The longer I went without talking about it, the worse it got. It wasn't until I could identify my triggers AND seek support that I was able to combat my eating disorder.

I would love to chat more about this with you, so feel free to continue to reach out. Reaching out is scary, but rest assured you are not alone.

Send a message via AIM to Just Peachy. Send a message via MSN to Just Peachy.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
SophieWaggner83 Offline
https://edocbd.com/
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sophie

Re: Something wrong with me. - December 1st 2020, 07:51 AM

This is a big problem ... I hope you will understand sooner or later that you are beautiful and you will not blame yourself for anything, your body is unique, do not harm it. You better stop now, otherwise it will be too late later
 Send a message via ICQ to SophieWaggner83  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Garyl Online
What's next, little man?

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli

Re: Something wrong with me. - December 3rd 2020, 02:06 AM

Hey there. I hope I can be of assistance.

I don't think anything is "wrong" with you. When we engage in disordered eating behaviors it's a sign that something is off, which means we need to figure out what it is and pay attention to it. Perhaps you could ask yourself, is there something you're trying to suppress or avoid, emotionally speaking? Do you feel like your life is out of control and your eating/exercise habits are your way of controlling it? These two situations are common causes of ED behaviors.

The first step to recovery is acknowledging something is wrong, and you have done that. The second step is asking for help. Are there people you can talk to about this, like parents, friends, or a teacher or counselor? They might be able to point you in the direction of some good resources. After that it's about trying to figure out what's causing the issues and figuring out alternative, healthy coping mechanisms. I know it's scary to do these steps, and it's hard work, but I have faith you can do it.

The important thing to remember is that this cycle, the longer you are caught up in it, creates more and more shame and guilt. You feel bad so you restrict/purge, and then you feel better, but you feel ashamed of engaging in the behavior and so you want to do it more. It's hard to break the cycle but it is possible with help. You don't have to do this alone.

Good luck and PM me if you need anything. I have a history of ED myself, so I have some understanding of what it's like. Take care of yourself, please.

Let's eat some spectral oats!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Garyl  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Something wrong with me. - December 9th 2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieWaggner83 View Post
This is a big problem ... I hope you will understand sooner or later that you are beautiful and you will not blame yourself for anything, your body is unique, do not harm it. You better stop now, otherwise it will be too late later
Yeah exactly, I agree with this one.