TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kayla200 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 11,847, Level: 15 Points: 11,847, Level: 15 Points: 11,847, Level: 15

Do I have an eating disorder? - September 5th 2009, 10:48 PM

Ok so I've been anarexic and balemic and what not and I kno what it is but resently ive gone on a diet where I only eat once a day and once in a wile I won't eat like a day or 2 and then only eat once the next day...i've lose like almost xxx is this a different ed?
Kayla

R.I.P Lee, Logan, Austin 3/5/09

As tears fall from my eyes,I realized I didn't know them as much as I knew everyone else,Yet what I knew was they where apart of me in different ways,And as I watched them be put in the ground,Their spirits floating,Apart of me went with them...........You will forever be missed and loved...Never forgotten

Last edited by Jen; September 5th 2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers on any part of the site; it violates the Terms of Service.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Points: 20,432, Level: 20 Points: 20,432, Level: 20 Points: 20,432, Level: 20

Re: Do I have an eating disorder? - September 6th 2009, 12:34 AM

Hey Kayla,

Since we're not medical professionals, I am not able to know if what you are experiencing now is a diagnosed ED or not. However, it definitely sounds like you are experiencing some worrisome eating habits. It's dangerous to your body to not be feeding it multiple times each day. Our bodies need constant fuel in order to function properly.

You mentioned that you've dealt with other eating disorders before. Do you have people in your life who know about what's going on? (Parents, doctors, therapists, etc.) I'd really encourage you to talk to someone about your recent eating/food symptoms so that they can best support you and get you any help you might need. I know how scary and overwhelming it is to ask for help, but you already took the first step, which was reaching out here on TeenHelp and asking for support; so asking a parent or doctor for help is continuing your quest to keep yourself healthy and safe.

Take good care of yourself and don't hesitate to PM me with anything you need!
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Closed Thread