TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'll be your hope.
Average Joe

Name: Brook

Here we go again - January 25th 2009, 02:09 PM

Last year I oly ate one meal a day..somtimes less..a couple of times i purged..then i got a lot better..i ate normal..and kept it down..well today..i didn't feel like eating at all...but i finally decided to eat..well i got more on my plate than i wanted but decided to eat it..well about half way threw i felt really full and started to feel sick from eating so much..but i kept eating...well after it was done i went in the bathroom..and tried to make myself throw up again..and i can feel my ED coming back..just like my cutting and suicidal thoughts came back...and it's gona be worse this time..i can feel it..

...I didn't know if this is triggering or not..so i just set it as that

Failure is not falling; it is remainin where you have fallen.
You laugh because i'm d.i.f.f.e.r.e.n.t, I laugh because you're all the s.a.m.e.

Last Self Harm:08/04/11

(#2 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Here we go again - January 26th 2009, 12:08 PM

Hi Brook!
I just want to firstly congratulate you for doing so well and coming so far! You should be extremely proud of yourself as you've shown huge strength and courage.

It's understandable that you will still possess thoughts of ED-type behaviour, and you shouldn't expect that to go away completely, so of course a little slip-up here and there on your road to recovery is only natural - as you are human and humans do make mistakes; but we learn from these mistakes and we musn't let this deter us from where we want to be.

I trust you have someone you can confide in about your eating problem? If not, i really suggest you talk to someone who you feel comfortable with - as struggling with such thoughts and feelings will put more strain on you and you will find yourself falling back into dangerous ways.

I hope that after much consideration and talks(with people) you will be able to set your sights firmly on recovery again. Be strong and never give up!
<3

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

Closed Thread