TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/)
-   -   Depression, schizophrenia bulimia, 6th form drop out, advice please. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/t33753-depression-schizophrenia-bulimia-6th-form-drop-out-advice-please/)

sunderz16 January 4th 2010 02:43 PM

Depression, schizophrenia bulimia, 6th form drop out, advice please.

ok, so, im a male english 17 yr old who for the past 2 years has suffered with clinical depression, schizophrenia, and more recently bulimia. I need some advice on what i am to do next, i am having a significantly difficult time right now as you can imagine, and i am currently in 6th form ( an english form of further & higher education for 16-18 yr olds, but i have struggled to be there for about 50% of my lessons over the past 4 months, and am seriously considering dropping out. However i think if i do this i will not be able to go back and there it seems to me that my life will kind of dead end here, thus probably spiraling me into an even worse situatuon. Any advice much appreciation, and sorry if ive done this thread wrong, first time :)

hopefaithlove January 4th 2010 04:34 PM

Re: Depression, schizophrenia bulimia, 6th form drop out, advice please.

Hey there. I'm so sorry to hear about how difficult things have been for you. I'm sure it took a lot of courage for you to post and reach out, so I commend you on that. Have you reached out to anyone in your life? Such as a parent, relative, teacher, friend, etc. Sometimes reaching out and getting help can be difficult, but it will make things so much better in the long run!

I really just wanted to post and let you know that I'm here for you and I care, so please let me know if you want to talk about it more in depth. Keep your chin up. Brighter days will come. :)

sunderz16 January 4th 2010 05:03 PM

Thankyou for replying :) i have been under the care of numerous mental health teams for 2 years now, and also have spent 2 months under hospitalization because my health deteriorated so much, im just not sure whether to continue with education or not considering my circumstances :/

*Rainbow*Rider* January 4th 2010 05:53 PM

When I dropped out of sixth form I got a job in a care home. They offer training so I know I won't be in this job for ever. It was the best decision I made and has given me a lot of self respect.
Education is not the only way to go.
At the end of the day, its your decision.
I would advice staying and finishing this year though.

Crescendo January 6th 2010 12:13 AM

Hey- I would really like to encourage you to seek counseling. Medication and therapy may really help the conditions you're struggling with. Definitely try to weight the pros and cons both short and long term before dropping out. I'm sorry you're struggling.
Megan