TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/)
-   -   I just found out one of my friends has died due to complications from anorexia. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/t35553-i-just-found-out-one-my-friends-has-died-due-complications-anorexia/)

her_beautiful_mistake January 22nd 2010 10:01 PM

I just found out one of my friends has died due to complications from anorexia.

Last night. She struggled for two years.

This disease kills so many people. Don't let it take your life. Get help now.

this is deliberately not in grief. I do not want to talk about how I feel. I just wanted to let people know that yes you can die. she thought it "wouldn't ever happen to her" too.

Yen January 22nd 2010 11:57 PM

Re: I just found out one of my friends has died due to complications from anorexia.

I'm so sorry to hear that :(. As some one who struggled with it in the past, I can say that it's really hard but there is hope out there.

Marie1971 January 23rd 2010 01:24 AM

Re: I just found out one of my friends has died due to complications from anorexia.

I'm so sorry, Rachel. ):

Dawn. January 23rd 2010 02:01 AM

I'm so sorry :(.

claire.ellen January 23rd 2010 02:57 AM

im so sorry for your loss, but yes you are right. anorexia can and does kill people. its a very serious that more people need to realise. im here if you ever want to talk x

Casey. January 23rd 2010 04:03 AM

I'm so sorry Rachel. My best friend is recovering from Anorexia, almost lost her a few times, so I kind of understand.

If you need to talk, pm me.

MegaMadness January 23rd 2010 06:02 AM

Sorry to hear that and I think this is the kind of wake up call we all need, that it can be dangerous.

emma01 January 23rd 2010 07:56 PM

Awww Rachel :( I am just ever so sorry to hear about your loss. When I read that, it did make me think twice about what I am doing to myself, and made me think I am really putting myself in danger, so thankyou for that. Once again, im ever so sorry for your loss. Losing a friend is awful :(

Palmolive January 23rd 2010 10:19 PM

I really am sorry to hear this. It must be so hard for you.
Im here, if you want to talk, anytime, okay.
Take care of yourself (L)

her_beautiful_mistake January 24th 2010 11:38 PM

I am a complete and utter hypocrite. I have b/p'd twice in the last two days. For the first time in what has got to be 18 months. Fuckssakerachel. Worst thing? I don't even think that I care that much. I do not think this is a good sign. I don't want to flush 3+ years of recovery literally down the toilet.

DeletedAccount69 January 25th 2010 06:26 AM

Rachel,

I am so sorry about your friend and everything else. But, hang in there because you can beat this.

Sometimes tragedies have a way of making us relapse but the thing is you can beat this disease. I know you might not care right now but you will. Instead of letting this get too far out of control why not go talk to someone? Seek out a therapist. Not only can the therapist help you with your b/p they could help you deal with the grief you are suffering through.

Please hang in there and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

.Brittany. January 25th 2010 03:54 PM

I'm so sorry Rachel, I have lost someone due to anorexia as well, so I know how it feels. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk at all. Keep strong <3

Brittany

Stardaze January 25th 2010 06:22 PM

Rachel, I'm sorry for your loss. Hang in there and keep strong.

:hug: