TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
heather2010 Offline
Finding a way out
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Heather

Exclamation eating and jolly ranchers - March 13th 2010, 03:23 AM

Ok I know this may sound dumb but for the last 4 days I haven't been eating anything and today I ate like 2 handfulls of jolly ranchers to keep ny sugar level from dropping while working and no I'm not a diebetic I was wondering how many days can u go without eating till u pass out cuz I dnt wanna pass out? And secound with that many jolly ranchers make u gain weight?

Lord, Thank You for everything
That I have come to know.
For all the trials I endured
You taught me how to grow.
Thank You for life's blessings,
You showed me how to love.
Thank You Lord, for filling me
with Compassion from above.
  Send a message via AIM to heather2010 Send a message via Yahoo to heather2010  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ian

Re: eating and jolly ranchers - March 13th 2010, 03:43 AM

Well, it's really not good to go any days without eating but, depending on fitness level and activity levels of those days, you might be able to go a few... Eat, though. I've been through anorexia, so I know what it can be like to not want to eat. But trust me, it's sooo important that you do.
That many Jolly Ranchers will not make you gain any weight, no. It takes something like [Edited: Removing numbers] unburned calories to gain weight. You might just feel sick from eating that many. That's just the sugar over load though.
I can't emphasize how important it is that you eat. Please do. Message me if you want to talk. Like I said, I went through a severe episode of Anorexia myself and can empathize.

"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."

Last edited by Casey.; March 13th 2010 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Please don't post any calorie numbers, they are against the TOS.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

Re: eating and jolly ranchers - March 13th 2010, 04:09 AM

We cannot give out information that will help you not eat. Eating is crucial in living. If you want to lose weight, there are plenty of healthy ways out there. I know it's difficult when we feel down about our bodies, but in the end, not eating will bring about way more difficulty in your life. PM me anytime if you want to chat.

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Em

Re: eating and jolly ranchers - March 13th 2010, 11:00 PM

Hey Heather,
As the other have put it, eating is something that's natural and is required for us to live. We can't give you information that will influence you or others to make the wrong choice about eating correctly.
If you are having difficulty with eating or suspect you may have an eating disorder, it's best to tell someone to get help, because it's something that can get out of control. I hope you're well. Please take care of yourself.

Wake up.
You're Alive.
We're on your side.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
heather2010 Offline
Finding a way out
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Heather

Re: eating and jolly ranchers - March 14th 2010, 04:40 AM

Thanks guys I struggled with anorexica for awhile now it will always be my constint struggle so I'm know my ed is back and over powering me again but I'm 18 and nobody can tell me to eat its that control that my ed gives to me that I love and I gained a lot of weight and its a fast way to lose it so thank u for ur advice I hope I didn't bother anyone by this post

Lord, Thank You for everything
That I have come to know.
For all the trials I endured
You taught me how to grow.
Thank You for life's blessings,
You showed me how to love.
Thank You Lord, for filling me
with Compassion from above.
  Send a message via AIM to heather2010 Send a message via Yahoo to heather2010  
Closed Thread