TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jill. Offline
Not a n00b

Gah. - April 15th 2010, 11:00 PM

I have a history with ED's.

I have a question, I frequently get headaches due to stress, weather changes, and somtimes just for the hell of it. Most of these headaches are migranes, and they literally kill me. Most of the time, the only way to get rid of them is to throw up. It seems that sometimes, after I do it to get rid of the headaches, I sometimes have urges to continue; even one the headache is gone.

How can I get rid of my headaches, and not have it destroy my hard work on healing?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Project Advisor

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Gah. - April 16th 2010, 03:11 AM

Hey hun.

I am sorry to hear that are suffering migraines.
Congratulations on conquering ED's! Keep it up!
You should definitely tell your doctor about these migraines and see what he can do.
There is medicine the doctor can perscribe and there are also tips and tricks on how to control them. Good luck! PM me anytime
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Gah. - April 17th 2010, 04:49 PM

I suffer from chronic headaches, though they are are only migranes occassionally but i feel your pain as these are the worst out there, and i often find that throwing up makes me feel better. It's really unfortunate that you are in a situation where you have to not only battle with these headaches but also with your ED issues.

I'm sure that if you talked to a medical professional; they would be able to help you in a way that we cannot really do here. You need to find a beneficial solution to this and it can only be done via medical help and counselling.

There are medications available for headaches but a lot of the time they cease to work after a while causing us to take more as we build up resilience to it, therefore a lot of the time this can make headaches worse. I advise against relying on medication. I know it can be tough but fight the urge to take painkillers, only take them once in a while when your headaches are extremely crippling.

Aside from medication there are numerous therapies to consider, as if your headaches are stress related - you may want to try CBT to eliminate such stress, and therefore eliminating your headaches. So again, i advise you find some form of counselling for yourself.

Physiotherapy may help, although in my case it did not. But it's something you may also wish to consider as muscle tension can cause tension headaches.

Take care.

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

Closed Thread